EXXON being investigated for what?

Status
Not open for further replies.
The U.S. had better get itself energy self-sufficient. At the rate some of this baloney is going, they're not going to be allowing anyone to bring oil in, much less do any exploration within U.S. territory.
wink.gif

It would be great for all these stone throwers to secure their glass houses by being 100% "sustainable", as a matter of principal.

If i invested my hard earned coin in ExxonMobil and was lied to, i'd be extremely upset too. Assuming the allegations are true and standing laws broken, i have zero issue with this.

Our current administration can't leave fast enough. Eventually, liberal high regulation and tax policies will kill any country - even us.

^^^^X a dozen^^^^

This junk is getting really old. Criminals walk while special crimes get special attention via political bias. That is most certainly NOT justice!

Somehow I doubt this is that cut and dried. GW started in about 1790 and been on an upward trend ever since. I would be very surprised if Exxon's own research says man-made GW is clearly as bad as smoking and the same time funded anti GW groups. It's just not the company that I know. Yes they are at times arrogant and I have seen them try to roll the public on things they believe to be true, but not lie.

Originally Posted By: Y_K
Talk about truly hostile environment.. No wonder, everybody is setting new production facilities offshore.

Here is the article link

talk about crazy. Why doesn't the New Youk attorney general go after the scum bags at Goldman Saks (oh, thats right, their tax dollars cover the NY AG off ices costs...)

New York state AGs have a penchant for using an obscure statute to grab some headlines when "higher office" in the cards. ExxonMobil has plenty of dough for legal counsel. Of course they DID stop contributing to a certain foundation, and I suspect a phone call was made. In order for the AG hack to win the case the state will have to prove "global warming " exists and is man made. Good luck with that.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: HerrStig
New York state AGs have a penchant for using an obscure statute to grab some headlines when "higher office" in the cards.

This.
A "Climber" trying to make a name for himself while advancing an agenda.
Throw enough poo and see what sticks.
Just another day.

O boy, law firms, will make some big bucks on this one, you do not have to win, the fees for handling it or billable hours will be through the roof.....................

Originally Posted By: Tdbo
Originally Posted By: HerrStig
New York state AGs have a penchant for using an obscure statute to grab some headlines when "higher office" in the cards.

This.
A "Climber" trying to make a name for himself while advancing an agenda.
Throw enough poo and see what sticks.
Just another day.

thumbsup2.gif

Interesting. Probably won't find anything definitive but this is similar to what happened to Big Tobacco w/smoking associated illnesses.

The NY AG is pretty aggressive and is trying to determine if they knew about fossil fuel and its relation to climate change and if so did they lie about it. They can probably get them on not listing this kind of info on SEC disclosures as it effects the value of the company.

Originally Posted By: cat843
The NY AG is pretty aggressive and is trying to determine if they knew about fossil fuel and its relation to climate change and if so did they lie about it. They can probably get them on not listing this kind of info on SEC disclosures as it effects the value of the company.
New York AGs are pretty agressive about running for governor. Let's watch him try to prove it.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: BMWTurboDzl
Interesting. Probably won't find anything definitive but this is similar to what happened to Big Tobacco w/smoking associated illnesses.

I don't see the similarity to big tobacco at all. Its not like Exxon, had they told everybody that global warming was real in 1977, anything could of or would of been done about it. This is just a money grab for the scum sucking lawyers.

With tobacco, having told smoker cigs were bad when they knew, could have caused people to quit or not start. No comparison.

The chances of the hack himself waltzing into the courtroom to try to prove this claim are slim and none. He gets the headline, minions do the work, and get the blame when it flops.

Originally Posted By: CT8
To add fuel to the fire , can't help but to love a corrupt government, more info link Oh the ignorant voters.

Yup. payback is a female pup.
Play to play all the way.
Someone did not put the desired amount of Washingtons in the desired depository, so now they get a visit with Ms. Pup.
I'll bet a certain AG gets a political appointment if a certain administration jumps off.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back