cabin temp sensor - mazda

Status
Not open for further replies.

crw

Anyone know where I can find the cabin temperature sensor on a 2004 Mazda 6?

The car is great, with the only exception that the heater doesn't work well. The temp is controlled by a dial which reads out a temperature… I set in on the max which is 90 F. It's generally very weak. Blows luke-warm air though the vents, or if I want it on the feet and vents at the same time the feet get luke-warm and the vents go cold.

This happens to be the Ford sourced 3.0 V6, if that matters.

I was going to start a thread on vehicles that have good/bad heaters. My V8 Fords have been great. Others, not so much… But I'll save that for another day.

Thanks, I could not find it on rockauto.com. I'm hoping first to find the location and see if it's got crud built up on it.

Don't feel bad, my Cadillac seems to work like this. 60-79 COLD 80-83 Warm 84-90 HOT

Thanks! I can see where it is now. I'd have to take that driver side knee panel to get to it. Another odd symptom, is that whenever it does blow lukewarm, it blows only on the passenger side. The driver side is always cool.

I wonder if I dare spray a little bit of electrical parts cleaner on it?

crw, your symptoms seem to point to a blend door issue, or issues with the heater core. Have you checked if the coolant valve leading to the heater core is opening fully when you ask for heat?

If you can locate the coolant valve, see if you can manually open it fully and recheck vent temps with engine up to operating temperature. If you are getting hot air from only the passenger side, but not the driver's side, you need to check the blend doors.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back