LM MOS2 oil drop test

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just to share my test, if someone curious.

so I use my useless business card to do this valuable test
smile.gif

An original oil: M1 0W40, was MOS2 before. and the oil filter is a royal purple model, synthetic fiber, that can filter even 5 micron, up to some degree ...

Handwriting distance in KM; my average speed 30 km/h , if someone wish to recalculate it in motor hours. oil replaced after 5700 KM.

fresh up to 3K KM:
reeq2K_1N.jpg

3K - 5K KM:
nQ0jcf_Z.jpg

fresh oil M1 0W40 (50 km) and after to add MOS2 (50 km), and pure MOS2
SxpfNJmTN.jpg

use my phone, then saturated it, so quality is so so ....
guessing, i have no comments ... :); beside change oil doesn't flush MOS2 completely, that surprise me this test able to

PS. I think is kinda art .... especially 100 one ...
smile.gif

Do I attempting to prove anything? As I said, no comments, but if you wish:

1.even most efficient oil filter ( aside of custom toilet paper roll) can not filter it.
2. in a period from beginning to the end the concentration decreasing. (just a conclusion from a fresh darkness spot to "5000"; and both fresh seems has same darkness)
3. residue of mos2 exist even after the oil change (sure it clear, but ...).
4. curious why, but fresh oil + mos2 has 4 rings.

in this test I like to see contamination level appearance, as a oil spot getting darker, nothing else ...

Originally Posted By: vintageant
Rorschach would be proud!

That exactly I'm trying to accomplish: to beat this test

I do a lot of Blotter sport tests myseelf. I see Fuel dilution on 100 to 2000 miles samples of blotter spot tests. The "art" consistent with Target rings is caused by fuel dilution.

Originally Posted By: Pontual
I do a lot of Blotter sport tests myseelf. I see Fuel dilution on 100 to 2000 miles samples of blotter spot tests. The "art" consistent with Target rings is caused by fuel dilution.

Some patients do need blotter tests.
grin2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back