Email notifications

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have "my stuff" set to notify me when I get a new reply to my posts. I dont get them at all...what gives?

[edit] Well I guess I am wrong. There is no "notify when topic gets a reply". What am I missing?

Last edited:
You have to turn on the email notification as well (there are two parts to setting notifications). Click "Edit Notifications" and choose "Immediately" for the email notification to be turned on (after you add the forum or post to your watched topics).

Yep, it's at the top of the thread after you post under "Topic Options".

The only thing I have anywhere is "add topic to your watched topics", that shouldnt be what I am looking for.

I find nowhere in "my preferences" that talks about email preferences....like most forums do.

OK, let's try this step by step. This should work, at least in theory...

1. Go to "My Stuff" --> "Watch Lists"
email_notif1.png

2. Click on "Edit Watched Topics":
email_notif2.png

3. Modify your "Email Notifications" as desired:
email_notif3.png

4. Click "Update Watched Topics":
email_notif4.png

Also, you can go into "My Stuff" --> "Edit Preferences", and change the below setting to "Yes". This way every new topic you add to your watch list will be automatically set to immediate email notification and you won't have to manually go through steps 1-4 above.

email_notif5.png

Well I'll be! Of all the forums I have ever been on, this is the first where I had to make my post a "watched topic".

Every forum, in your preferences would have the "notify of replies", you would choose daily, or instantly.

Thank you for clearing this up for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back