Car Alarm Question Audiovox Prestige. APS-25E

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quick question for any car alarm installers or anyone else with car security knowledge.

A friend of my son works in a bad town with lots of car thefts. He has a 1992 toyota with very low mileage he uses just to go to work.. Being on the top of the stolen car list he wants a car alarm. He was looking at a prestige aps-25e which is a basic car alarm with code hopping transmitters a shock sensor and a starter interrupt installed for $195 which includes a hood lock also installed. The guy that is installing it has been doing this for a long time and is giving him a good price. The wires will be very well hidden up in the dash... Tell me what you think.

A lot of these places are good at installing a switch that you need to flip to start the car, I think to open the circuit for the fuel pump so it doesn't deliver fuel to the injectors.

Or where you need to activate an electrical control before you turn the key or it wont start.

Car just endlessly cranks until you flip the switch.

An old car like that may be just joy riders, a Club may help out, I always leave a Club on my car and it is a 2010 Honda Fit.

Last edited:
No offense to your friend, but noone on their right mind is going to steal a 1992 Camry.

Most aftermarket alarms and other junk like that is just that, junk.

Well according to my friends son that is a very hot car to steal because they are easy no transponders. So no offence taken.He wanted a car alarm because he knows what goes on in his work area. He has been there almost 6 months and has taken over 150 reports on stolen cars and break ins.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back