PP 5w-20 / 12.650 mi on Oil / 277,650 mi on Car

2006 Dodge Charger 5.7L
- I bought the car new
- Use exclusively Wix Air and Oil Filters

Clipboard02_zpsy5a20pvs.jpg

looks great! with a TBN of 3.7 you could easily go 15K or more. The 2 quarts of Top off keep the TBN high. Great report! You're definitly getting your moneys worth from the oil/filter combo.

Last edited:
277K miles on a 2006 Charger R/T...and still going strong. I'm impressed. Wouldn't have thought those hemi engines were suited to a long and happy life.

Originally Posted By: 69GTX
277K miles on a 2006 Charger R/T...and still going strong. I'm impressed. Wouldn't have thought those hemi engines were suited to a long and happy life.

+1. How's the tranny holding up?

Hi Everyone.

Transmission - Still original. Shifts like new. I get it flushed by the dealer every 60k. in between flushes, I do the filter changes myself. I use Wix transmission filters. *knocks on wood for good luck*
smile.gif

I don't plan on changing to a different grade oil. The 5.7L HEMI has MDS which shuts off fuel to 4 cylinders will cruising. It requires 5w-20 to operate the valves accordingly. Plus PP has served me well. It's an excellent oil.

I started my car off on Mobil 1, but I wasn't happy with the UOAs. I kept using Mobil 1 until about 30,000 miles. Switched to PP and never looked back. Not saying Mobil 1 is bad... it just wasn't a good combo for my engine.

**edit** Also, this engine has a 7 qt oil capacity. I think that helps a lot.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Spector
Copper is definitely trending up over the last year

Yeah, I noticed the Cu was up. I have a UAO for every oil change since the car was new... I plan on graphing the Cu. me --> nerd.
laugh.gif

Oil visc is 9.37... thats a 30 grade and did the MDS self destruct? I'd use a 5w30. With 2 quarts topped off, I'd say that there is some crud buildup oxidation thickening, or particles not seen in the insolubles data. TAN needed!

What Wix PN? XP?
Room for a 51515/PH8a sized filter?

Originally Posted By: Greasymechtech
Oil visc is 9.37... thats a 30 grade and did the MDS self destruct? I'd use a 5w30. With 2 quarts topped off, I'd say that there is some crud buildup oxidation thickening, or particles not seen in the insolubles data. TAN needed!

+1!

This is why TBN alone isn't enough. Oxidation is also needed. Use a lab like Wearcheck or Polaris next time.

High mileage engines are interesting, but high mileage performance cars are very cool IMO. Really impressed that you bought it new and have a UAO from every change. I would keep it forever.

Back