Bake Hoses ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
What are the good quality brake hoses brands these days? From what I see at box part stores AZ, PEP and AA, they are are made in China by Sunsong (?) or Dorman. I read some posts on the web that most hoses from Wagner, Raybestos or Bendix are the same made in China parts. Anyone have first hand experience ?

What do you mean by first hand experience? In general I avoid anything Chinese when it deals with life and death, but once I did install a Beck-Arnley hose on my Accord (made in China) and so far it's been fine. But all the rest that I've installed were either made in Germany (BMW/ATE) or in the US (Toyota).

Originally Posted By: kschachn
What do you mean by first hand experience? .
If you bought brake hoses recently where were they made and which brands have you found to be good quality. I don't want to read about second hand experiences from somewhere on the web.

Originally Posted By: expat
Have you considered Goodridge braided steel hoses

www.goodridge.com

First, I am looking for a good quality replacement hose. If I can't find them, I look in the braided steel.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Chris142
The Chinese ones seem to work fine. But how often do you replace hoses? I see 40+ year old ones that look fine on the outside.

True, the past many USA hoses lasted for years. The new China sourced brake hoses that I have to use are an unknown for the most part.

Some hoses fail on the inside by corrosion or rubber breakdown and plug the line. I have had this happen before.

The OEM ford escape brake hoses from 98 threw 06 were made in the USA. They crack bad. They have made me plenty of money replacing them with re engineered Chinese ones.

I don't have an issue at all with that

I ran into the same issue when looking for hoses for my wife's Corolla. Everything seemed to be made by Sunsong, Raybestos and NAPA (what I ended up with) included. That may not necessarily be a bad thing if they are decent quality which they seemed to be, but it would be nice if there was more variety of suppliers to choose from.

Techna-Fit are supposedly high-quality and are suppliers of some of the larger brands of performance brake hoses out there.

Changed all mine a few months back, and bought them at Advance and NAPA. All Chinese made, and they seem to be good quality to me.

I put a new pair of front hoses on my El Camino earlier in the year. They're Raybestos Professional Grade with "made in Korea" stickers, purchased from RockAuto. They appear to be OE quality, exactly the correct length with perfect OE-type connections on both ends, so they fit without any aggravation. I have no concerns and expect them to hold up like OE.

Originally Posted By: Merkava_4
Originally Posted By: expat
Have you considered Goodridge braided steel hoses

www.goodridge.com

Where's the parts lookup button on that page ?
Do they have hoses for a 2000 Buick LeSabre ?

I don't see one. But,
When I wanted hoses for my Triumph they had to be 1" longer than standard. Goodridge made a custom set for me at a quite reasonable price.
Their hoses do not swell under pressure, so you get a much firmer brake pedal feeling.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back