Anco "Winter Extreme" Wipers?

Status
Not open for further replies.
i don't think you will find anyone with any experience since they were just announced two days ago and aren't in any distribution channel yet. Give it a few weeks before they are in the pipeline.

Originally Posted By: mjoekingz28
I was a naysayer as I usually can be with "new and improved" stuff, but beams are the way to go!

A wiper is a wiper. I wait and get them on sale at the discount store. The last round I got winter wipers for 3 bucks. They have a loose rubber sheath over the assembly so that the constant flexing knocks the ice off.

Originally Posted By: SubLGT
What's wrong with "beam" wipers?

They don't uniformly distribute the pressure applied by the wiper arm along the length of the blade. All the spring pressure pushes in the middle of a beam blade, and the slight "springiness" of the blade it self is all that holds the ends down. They have an advantage in freezing conditions (so I hear...) but they certainly don't clear ordinary rain at highway speed nearly as well as conventional or (best of all) hybrid blades like Rain-X Fusion and Michelin Stealth- both of which have the aerodyamic profile of a beam blade, with the articulated strut structure of an ordinary blade to better distribute pressure against the windshield.

Most beam blades are decent in the winter as it is. I'm not sure how this particular beam blade will be significantly better in the winter than their other two beam blade offerings.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back