Amsoil MCF 10W-40, 2011 Ninja 1000, 5185 miles

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ninja_oil_analysis_6.jpg

The latest from my Ninja. I didn't get to ride much the last 2 years. Bad weather then I broke my leg early last spring which cut into my fun this summer.

Not sure there's much to look at here. The MCF holds it's viscosity in this bike. Fuel has always been high. The fuel map is way rich in places, you can feel it. But I don't see what I can do about that.

Comments welcome.

To hold viscosity with that much fuel is a credit both to the oil and to your Ninja apparently being easy on oil. That exact same oil did not fare nearly as well in my Duc for a 4600 mile run, granted it was analyzed by Blackstone but vis was in the mid 10's even though they called fuel as 'trace.'

4.1% fuel has to be the most i have ever seen!

why not just run diesel in the crankcase if you are going to let it get that bad!

get the ecu redone

otherwise, great report!
steve

Originally Posted By: sunruh
4.1% fuel has to be the most i have ever seen!

why not just run diesel in the crankcase if you are going to let it get that bad!

get the ecu redone

otherwise, great report!
steve

I was planning on putting a pipe on the bike this winter. I'd like see what the fuel issue looks like after that. Sadly since I live in the stix I need to drive 2-3 hours just to get a 15 minute dyno run.

Notice the previous intervals. In 2012 we had a really hot summer and I rode constantly. The last 2 years were cooler and the riding days were sporadic. The hotter it gets the better the fuel issue. Conclusion - the fuel map is just wrong and doesn't track well with temperature. The [censored] fuel mileage confirms that for me.

I agree with you LoneRanger, I don't think this bike is hard on oil at all.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back