Filled DEF Tank For First Time Today

Status
Not open for further replies.
The system posted a notice a few days ago the tank was less than half full so I decided to fill it this morning with the BlueDEF I picked up from AAP using a code. It took about 2.5 gallons and the truck currently has about 3,600 miles on it. I was disappointed to see that BlueDEF is actually clear (just kidding--not disappointed). I plan to use Supertech DEF when after I use the remainder of the BlueDEF (about 2.5 gallons) since SuperTech is also API certified and is quite a bit cheaper at WM in the 2.5 gallon containers.

I'm surprised DEF isn't colored some shade of blue given its name and the fact that the pumps and fillers, etc are all colored blue.

Weird question- does it smell like pee?

Originally Posted By: Jetronic
it doesn't really smell at all...
^^^^this^^^^ - although there are warnings about ammonia, etc. There is no smell.

A friend of mine has a couple of vehicles that require DEF. He buys the fluid at truck stops because it's usually cheaper than at the parts houses.

I don't intend to be mean, but is there anything else going on in your life, other than this truck?

Really, what was the purpose of this post?

Originally Posted By: mrsilv04
I don't intend to be mean, but is there anything else going on in your life, other than this truck?

Apparently for you to troll someone.

Congratulations on not posting about how terrible Michelin LTX M/S2 and Firestone Destination LE2 tires are.

How much does the DEF tank hold? 3,600 miles is a little more than coast to coast.

Sharing useful information IMHO.I enjoy the posts.

Originally Posted By: Jetronic
it doesn't really smell at all...

It's really just tap water, and then next big scam against the EPA.
wink.gif

Apparently to accomplish two things:

1. To annoy you.
2. To make you ask stupid questions.

Now maybe this will help solve the problem:

88628-Troll-Spray.png

Originally Posted By: CT8
How much does the DEF tank hold? 3,600 miles is a little more than coast to coast.
It holds 5 gallons. From what I read on the diesel forums that I have joined, the harder you work the engine (as in towing, etc.) the more DEF you use per mile. I will be finding that out sometime in December when we head to CO.

PS...love the signature line
cheers3.gif

Originally Posted By: LotI
Out of curiosity, would it be cheaper buying from a bulk dispenser at a truck stop? They seem to be common now.
Yes; probably so, but the SuperTech brand is relatively inexpensive and it seems that DEF can break down over time so unlike oil, I will not create a stash of DEF.

I don't see it as any more silly than you chiming in on ANY thread that involves Michelin tires
21.gif

mi_ltx_ms2owl_ci2_l.jpg

Maybe the OP will put these on his truck when it needs rubber, then you'll have something to really bug him about
grin.gif

Originally Posted By: OVERKILL
Maybe the OP will put these on his truck when it needs rubber, then you'll have something to really bug him about
grin.gif

I probably will install M/S2's (since I had such good luck with them on the old FX4)--but I do have Michelin A/T2's on the new truck now, so perhaps that will add to the aggravation factor
grin.gif

Keep us informed. My wife has a 2002 Superduty with the 7.3 and she loved from day one. Superdutys trucks are nice!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back