Liqui Moly Motor Protect

Status
Not open for further replies.
Folks:

In my correspondence with Liqui Moly (LM) I have had a hard time finding more about their "Motor Protect" product (Amazon link). So far what I can summarize is that "Motor Protect" does not have solids and it is intended to decrease the wear on the engine for up to 50K Km (around 31K miles). Similar to the language they use for Ceratec.

According to LM, Ceratec oil carrier is mineral based while "Motor Protect" is a 'full synthetic motor oil additive'.

I am not asking if LM "Motor Protect" is better/worse/not needed but rather what is in it, Boron, Moly, etc and perhaps how is intended to work.

Thanks in advance for anybody who has any inputs on this.

I'm a bit curious as well. Came across this at the auto store and picked a can up, guy said they ordered on accident. Everything I've been able to research says that its basically a "lubricant"?? But isn't that why we use good oil in the first place? I've used Lubro Moly before (Diesel Purge works great)and they make good products, just don't know about this one. I'm sure there's a forum member that can shed some light on what its intended for.

Cheers

http://www.liqui-moly.com/liquimoly/web.nsf/id/li_en_domb9p8jf2.html

Thank you for your inquiry and your interest in Liqui Moly products.

Our Liqui Moly Motor Protect, Liqui Moly Cera Tec and our Liqui Moly MoS2 Anti-Friction Engine Treatment
reduces all the friction and the wear but in different ways and with different active ingredients.

Liqui Moly MoS2 Anti-Friction Engine Treatment:
This is the classic among our additives.
The solid lubricant MoS2 bilds a lubricating film on the sliding surface and the bearings.
Especially in the starting phase, when the oil pressure is low, can this lubricating film reduce the wear.
The effect lasts until the oil change, because you lost the MoS2 with the old oil.
Therefore, you get the best protection when you use the MoS2 at each oil change.

Liqui Moly Motor Protect:
This additive works compared to the MoS2 purely chemical without a solid lubricant.
Motor Protect contains a chemical friction modifier which modifying the surface under heat and pressure.
This results in a sliding and deformable layer.
Since the surface is modified here yields a long-therm effect of approximately 31.250 miles (50.000 km).
Even when the oil is changed.

Liqui Moly Cera Tec
This is a combination of a chemical friction modifier and a ceramic solid lubricant.
By this combination Cera Tec prevents the direct metal-to-metal contact and this reduces the friction and the wear.
The solid lubricant is stronger then the MoS2 but the friction modifier is not as effective as that of the Motor Protect.
At a oil change you lost the most of the solid lubricants whereby the effect is reduced.
Therefore it is recommended to use Cera Tec at every oil change.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: dervdave
http://www.liqui-moly.com/liquimoly/web.nsf/id/li_en_domb9p8jf2.html

Thank you for your inquiry and your interest in Liqui Moly products.

Our Liqui Moly Motor Protect, Liqui Moly Cera Tec and our Liqui Moly MoS2 Anti-Friction Engine Treatment
reduces all the friction and the wear but in different ways and with different active ingredients.

Liqui Moly MoS2 Anti-Friction Engine Treatment:
This is the classic among our additives.
The solid lubricant MoS2 bilds a lubricating film on the sliding surface and the bearings.
Especially in the starting phase, when the oil pressure is low, can this lubricating film reduce the wear.
The effect lasts until the oil change, because you lost the MoS2 with the old oil.
Therefore, you get the best protection when you use the MoS2 at each oil change.

Liqui Moly Motor Protect:
This additive works compared to the MoS2 purely chemical without a solid lubricant.
Motor Protect contains a chemical friction modifier which modifying the surface under heat and pressure.
This results in a sliding and deformable layer.
Since the surface is modified here yields a long-therm effect of approximately 31.250 miles (50.000 km).
Even when the oil is changed.

Liqui Moly Cera Tec
This is a combination of a chemical friction modifier and a ceramic solid lubricant.
By this combination Cera Tec prevents the direct metal-to-metal contact and this reduces the friction and the wear.
The solid lubricant is stronger then the MoS2 but the friction modifier is not as effective as that of the Motor Protect.
At a oil change you lost the most of the solid lubricants whereby the effect is reduced.
Therefore it is recommended to use Cera Tec at every oil change.

The Liqui Moly literature states Ceratec is good for 30K miles and need mot be changed with OC

Originally Posted By: dennishiip
The Liqui Moly literature states Ceratec is good for 30K miles and need mot be changed with OC

And this is confusing in the sense that several people have gotten e-mails saying that Ceratec needs to be added on every oil change.

For the time being, and unless they change it officially in their website, I would stick with at least every other oil change or up to every 30K miles (approx.) for Ceratec and 'Motor Protect'.

Is Motor Protect a fairly new product?

I ask because it is not even listed in the last printed mini-catalog I have from Liqui Moly.

Maybe it uses those anti-wear/anti-friction ester compounds Mola Kule is always speaking of?
21.gif

Originally Posted By: toyota62
FalconLS is the man to ask. He has good contact with LM.

Yes, I wish he would chime in on this product, especially if he has used it, or spoken directly to their techs about it.

Originally Posted By: SR1919
Originally Posted By: dailydriver
Is Motor Protect a fairly new product?

I ask because it is not even listed in the last printed mini-catalog I have from Liqui Moly.

Maybe it uses those anti-wear/anti-friction ester compounds Mola Kule is always speaking of?
21.gif

This brochure has it:

http://www.liqui-moly.com/liquimoly/mediendb.nsf/gfx/2D2A7C2D3D0CCA42C12573DA00315AAF/$file/5616.pdf

I don't see a date on the back of that one, but it must be VEDRY recent as some of those other products look new.

I called a bunch of NAPAs and local Euro import parts stores today, and EVERY one of them said that their distributors are no longer handling this particular product (I don't know if NAPA's Altrom ever did?).
Maybe it did not move too well so it was dropped in the states.
I'm not surprised if this is the case given that it is priced ABOVE the Ceratec.

It seems to ONLY be available on amazon, and I'm thinking that they bought up ALL of the remaining stock of it as theyare now selling it at ~$27.00 a 500ml can + shipping.
frown.gif

I had a question regarding Liqui Moly Motor Protect and was told Ceratec additive was replacing the Motor Protect in the US. I see Amazon still offers it so grab while you can!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back