Did you ever see this tiny 50 CC motobike ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: rrounds
Originally Posted By: Cujet
I owned a Honda CT90 and before that, a Honda C50. Both were similar to the bike in the picture.

1968-Honda-Trail-90-1.jpg

What year is that one, '67 '68?
I bought one new in '69 and put a little over 78k miles on it between H/S and college. Great little bike.

ROD

Wow! I never achieved that many miles. Of course, we tortured it.

My CT90 was a 1968. We had a ball with that bike. While I've owned many, many motorcycles, that bike was among the most fun. I really won't claim it was all that tough, or all that capable. But it was light, my girlfriend could ride it, and it had a super low range Hi/Lo secondary transmission. Which allowed it to climb stupidly steep hills, such as up very rocky mountainsides. Something a larger, more modern bike could not do. I'd pick my way around the boulders, lift the bike over other obstacles and continue on.

Maybe I was a bit rough on it, as it was always broken.... Even so, fond memories!

I did a search for CT90's for sale. It seems good ones are selling for well over $1000! I'm tempted...

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Cujet
I owned a Honda CT90 and before that, a Honda C50. Both were similar to the bike in the picture.

1968-Honda-Trail-90-1.jpg

Have one of these in my dad's garage with 4k miles on it. Been sitting since the mid 70s. Same color.

Yes, I have some very good memories from all the miles I put on that bike. I did a one week ride on it with two other small bikes(Yamaha 100cc, Suzuki T125 STINGER). We went from Sacramento over to the coast on small back roads and made our way up to Bandon,OR then inland to Klamath Falls,OR.
From there we took any back road that was going the right direction(or we thought was the right direction) to make our way back to Sacramento.

I don't think I could make that ride on that bike today(that seat was not very good even when new) and I've put on a few pounds the last few decades. LOL

ROD

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back