02 Buick Century, QS Defy 5w30 SL - 4,503 miles

Status
Not open for further replies.
sen6z4.png

x0xvuc.png

Wear metals are finally coming down now that my wife drives it 90% of the time mostly highway miles too. I guess I should stop treating it like a racecar.

I still drive it on the weekends. Check the out low insolubles with the tough guard. Also notable are the higher zinc here from my last SL Defy jug. I refilled with peak conventional 5w30 and the tough guard is the same filter will run it for another interval. I didn't get TBN this time because it's all highway miles and I know it's fine.

Was the SL version a synthetic blend? I know the new SN version is synthetic blend. I wonder how much the zinc and phosphorous numbers lowered when they switched over to SN.

Last edited:
I can find the PDS for the SL version on the Shell website, but can't find no PDS for the latest SN version.

Anyway, I bought a 10w-30 jug of the SN version because it's priced good without having to fool around with rebates.

Originally Posted By: BigD1
I can find the PDS for the SL version on the Shell website, but can't find no PDS for the latest SN version.

Anyway, I bought a 10w-30 jug of the SN version because it's priced good without having to fool around with rebates.

Yeah I guess they're slow to update. The SN stuff hasn't been on the shelves that long though

Originally Posted By: Boss302fan
I have used PYB HM in those engines and it performed great.

I have been wanting to use regular PYB but if the wear isn't bad I'm going to do synthetic to extend changes some.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back