Want to know what sort of people we are dealing with?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Want to know what sort of people are fighting against us in Iraq? Just take a look at the pictures of three innocent Japanese hostages-two journalists and a woman who is an aid worker. The Islamic militiamen, terrorists, call them what you will, who took them captive are threatening to burn these three innocent people alive if Japan does not withdraw its troops from Iraq within three days. In the video the passports of the three Japanese were shown and you can see the scum bags who took them hostage looking heroic with their faces covered up and carrying weapons.

What sort of hero fighter has to disguise his/her identity? Are they not proud of fighting for what they believe in?

The current tactic seems to be to take hostages and threaten to kill the hostages if a country does not remove its troops from Iraq. What does Islam say about the treatment of prisoners? They may be changing from their former tactic of trying to influence American public opinion by killing as many american soldiers as possible-that tactic did not seem to work.

One look at the video make by these evil people showing their three Japanese hostages show tell you we have to be on the right side.

cool.gif
Time to drain the swamp.
cheers.gif

The more I hear stuff like this the more I think Bush should turn that whole sest pool part of the world into a parking lot!
Nuke em all!
mad.gif

It's time to listen to JF Kerry and have the US military forces under UN command and ask the terrorists nicely to stop hurting others.

Had you going there, didn't I.

I don't think there is any particular military strategy that can save these hostages. The terrorists don't value life, even their own.

Keith.

As long as they keep firing and they have no supplies coming in.........on the other hand, why bother waiting.....

I wanted to go last year. Now I really want to go. No I don't enjoy killing, but we just need to finish this business.

The ironic thing: Those Japanese folks were pretty much there to help them....

You are dealing with people who truely believe that what they are doing is approved and blessed by God. They also believe that if they die, they go strait to heaven to sit amongst how ever many virgins-72 I think. So, you have a bunch of people who cant wait to die for their cause.

When I go to Heaven I don't want to have the blood of innocent people on my hands. It is one thing to be a soldier and fight in a war (where you may have to kill people) or to be involved in a situation where you must kill someone in self defense. But murdering innocent people in cold blood-what sort of 'God' allows that? If I had to kill an enemy soldier in a war or if I had to kill somebody in self defense that would be bad, but I could live with it. I would be unable to live with murdering innocent helpless people who have done nothing against me. My religion teaches differently then that.

quote:

Originally posted by Chris B.:
The more I hear stuff like this the more I think Bush should turn that whole sest pool part of the world into a parking lot!
Nuke em all!
mad.gif

hehe....I know we developed some very smal tactical nukes back in the 50s or 60s that could be fired from a canon.....I think one should suffice to level down the mosque hideout....and then more.
patriot.gif

quote:

Originally posted by Last_Z:
I know we developed some very smal tactical nukes back in the 50s or 60s that could be fired from a canon...

When the US dropped some "daisy cutters" during Desert Storm, British troops from a distance thought the US had dropped nukes. Apparently you get a rather nice mushroom cloud from a daisy cutter, and the MOAB is 50% more powerful.

Keith.

Hmmmm.....I forgot about those 2. I think a nuke will be better though...the blast kills the insurgents and the fallout kills future generations.
wink.gif

quote:

Originally posted by Last_Z:
Hmmmm.....I forgot about those 2. I think a nuke will be better though...the blast kills the insurgents and the fallout kills future generations.
wink.gif

lol.gif
Good one!

Well if only the future generations would not be brain washed and taught to hate they would be ok and learn to prosper. That will never happen so just nuke em!
wink.gif

What's the matter guys. Iraqi's not playing fair in the sandbox. Gee, we invade their country with an overwhelming force and the only way for them to fight back is with gorilla terrorist tactics. What did you expect? Don't they know there are rules? War is **** and for the most part uncontrolled. I also heard today that the offensive on Fallugia (sorry spelling??) has been halted to allow for negotiations. That sounds like something those liberal democrats would do, not the rough tough take no prisoners Republicans.

You will be happy to know, Needtoknow, that the Marines are back on the offensive. No doubt the Sunni gangsters freaked when the Marines demanded unconditional surrender.
I hear we may have captured some Iranian and Syrian Special Forces. I don't want to use nukes. I'd rather the Marines grind the Syrians and Iranians and Baathists and gangsters into dust slow and methodically. Let the Sunni find out what war means, let them realize what they are in for if the Shiaa take over without the US around. We're making lemonaid out of lemons.

"...and the only way for them to fight back is with gorilla terrorist tactics. What did you expect? Don't they know there are rules? War is **** and for the most part uncontrolled."
You really show your true colors here don't you Needtoknow.

A little something from the Belmont Club Blog:

Friday, April 09, 2004

Quick Notes
I won't be able to post much in the coming days due to the pressure of work, and all I can do is regurgitate a reply I sent to a reader.

W: I'm getting nervous. Feels like it's spinning out of control. Reminds me of the Spanish Civil War and Vietnam -- we can win if we want but is there the will on the part of the West to win this? Hezboallah and Iran are clearly making their play. Do we have what it takes? I don't know. The news here is working against the bigger picture. And, Condi testimony, in the middle of all this....I watched it live, what a tragic backdrop for a key battle in ther war. Victor Hanson got it right today on NRO....

Dear ...

I've been looking at the casualty returns and the type of ops. The Marines killed in Ramadi, plus the Army soldiers who died in Saddam City are the bulk of the "spike" casualties so far and they seem to have been hit in vehicular ambushes. The kind of rear echelon attack or "counterseige" I've been talking about. In the Fallujah battle itself, very few Marines have died. That's going into the end phase because the Marines now have position on them. They're two klicks in from the south and one in from the north. The town is 4 klicks wide and deep, almost a square, so the enemy is compressed into a very narrow pocket. Probably cut in two by the times you get this. News is lagged. The Marines have got Iraqi Special Forces knocking on doors to while they do the maneuver. Things like this are like arm wrestling. Looks slow at first, but once you get on top, its a slaughter.

But on the main Shi'ia front, things are more fluid. I think the US is in intel gathering and economy of force mode. The real question is why they are holding back on Sadr, indeed why Sadr decamped from the Golden Mosque to start with. The problem does not seem to be lack of US forces, as such. The Marines have two identified battalions committed to Fallujah, although the operation probably has involved more, maybe half of total Marine combat strength is engaged in some form or other including security duties. But the real problem is operational. You can't just whack away at everything. CENTCOM is looking to use the force available as a scalpel to adjust the political situation in Iraq. So the priority now is not, as the press opines "finding enough troops" -- let the enemy believe that though -- it is creating a plan of operations. Finding the targets and hitting them to change the political situation in our favor. We'll whack Sadr if and when it suits us.

Back to type of ops. We are seeing hostage taking tactics plus a few symbolic types of seizures by the Madhi Army. Painful to see, but objectively it is greasy kid stuff. The only really sustained fighting is in Fallujah involving a Marine brigade. So this gives you the measure of the enemy combat power. They have to find some more. Therefore their basic hope is to start a panic, get a bandwagon going. Ergo this hostage routine and symbolic seizure routine. Raise up all Iraq. Uh, huh. That's easier said than done. That fits in just fine with intel and planning cycle, to get the Mahdi Army in a self-identifying process. Knowing what to hit is, with the US forces available, 95% of the problem. The rest is relatively straightforward.

A few other comments. During Iraqi Freedom, there were severe logistical problems. The tail stretched back to the Gulf. Aircraft flew thousands of miles. Now the US has dozens of airfields and bases. Logistically, personnel are the easiest of all the move. It's equipment that takes time. We could ship more troops into Iraq, but there's no sign of that and that is information in itself. What is the Press metric for stretched? Look at the air support used in Fallujah. Single aircraft strikes. Well, well within the envelope. That indirectly says a lot about how confident CENTCOM is. When you can tattoo the enemies nose with artistic punches you are in no real trouble. Not saying things are easy, that people aren't dying or getting maimed. But the forces in Iraq are pretty cool. Cooler it seems than we bystanders might be.

The most important thing about force is for it to be controlled force, guided by a intelligence and political goal. And the great thing about CENTCOM so far is they have not let their legs get ahead of their brains.

Regards.

posted by wretchard | Permalink: 4:25 AM Zulu

Keep the Faith

TIME TO TAKE OFF THE GLOVES
By AMIR TAHERI
NY Post

April 9, 2004 -- AS expected, the latest spate of fighting in Iraq has triggered a chorus of demands for "a radical change" in the U.S.-led Coalition's policy on the newly liberated country.
The key radical change most often recommended is that the Coalition hand over Iraq to the United Nations while continuing to provide the troops and the money needed to stabilize and rebuild the country.

That, however, is a recipe for disaster.

The U.N. remains divided over the justice of ending Saddam's rule; some members, notably Russia and France, have a direct interest in an at least partial restoration of Ba'athist rule. The U.N.'s best-case scenario for Iraq is to install a less sanguinary version of the fallen regime. The only positive role that the U.N. can play in Iraq is administrative, especially in helping organize and supervise elections. Give the U.N. a political role, and you will plunge Iraq into years of uncertainty, if not actual instability.

Others who call for "radical change" in policy want the Coalition to abandon the June 30 deadline for formally ending the occupation by handing over power to an Iraqi transitional government.

The argument is that no Iraqi authority capable of assuming power has yet emerged. This is partly true. But the reason is that many Iraqi politicians still doubt that the deadline will be honored. Abandoning the deadline altogether would remove the incentive for the Iraqi leaders to close ranks and prepare to assume power. The deadline must be seen as a guillotine, the sight of which concentrates Iraqi minds.

The battles in the Sunni Triangle and against Muqtada al-Sadr's Shiite militia in a suburb of Baghdad and three other cities are nothing but overdue pacification operations.

The Coalition never tried to impose control over Fallujah, allowing it to become a hideout for Saddam loyalists, including members of his Presidential Guard, who had fled from the battlefields of the liberation war. It is a mystery why the Coalition allowed the Saddamites the luxury of a safe haven in which to regroup, rearm and plot attacks against the Americans. Ramadi and other towns where the Coalition kept a low profile have also attracted a motley crowd of professional criminals, contrabandists, and, more recently, self-styled jihadists from outside Iraq.

Experience has shown that wherever the Coalition has been prepared to come in big and strike hard, it has won a decisive victory.

The latest example of this came last month in Tikrit, Saddam's hometown, which was once the center of the Ba'athist insurgents and their foreign terrorist allies. By taking off the kid gloves, the Coalition forces were able to flush out the insurgents and protect the local population against terrorist blackmail and extortion. Tikrit is not a haven of peace as yet - but neither is it a safe haven for the fascists.

Why the Coalition allowed Sadr to organize his militia and carve off a fiefdom in parts of Baghdad is also a mystery. In the early days of liberation, Coalition forces watched as Sadr's henchmen looted the arsenals of the disbanded Iraqi army and police. Later, everyone knew that Sadr visited Iran at least four times and that he had received money and arms from a network of radical mullahs in Tehran and Qom. His family and political ties to the Lebanese branch of the Hezbollah were no secret, either.

Yet even when an Iraqi judge issued an arrest warrant issued against Sadr and six of his aides on charges of participation in last year's murder of Abdul-Majid al-Khoei, the CPA did not move against Sadr.

The idea was that, excluded from the Governing Council, Sadr should not be unduly antagonized. This echoed the arguments used to justify the softly-softly approach to Saddamites gathered in the safe havens of the Sunni Triangle. In every case, U.S. restraint was mistaken for weakness, encouraging the Saddamites and the Sadrites in their agitations.

Provided the Coalition reduces the number of symbolic patrols (which often turn its troops into easy targets for bombs planted on roads at night), its commanders in Iraq have enough force to crush any attempt at organized insurgency either by the Saddamites or by Hezbollah-style Shiite militants.

As things stand, the Coalition does not need large numbers of fresh troops because the overwhelming majority of Iraqis still support its policy, including the promise to end the occupation by the end of June. If the Coalition lost that support, no amount of troops would be able to control a country of 27 million.

Both the Saddamites and the Sadrites fear elections and will do all they can to prevent them. Their fears are not groundless. In every one of the 17 cities where municipal elections have been held so far, victory has gone to democratic and secularist parties and individuals. And it is no accident that these are precisely the cities where attempts at fomenting insurgency have failed.

Democratic and secularist figures have also won all the elections held by professional associations representing medical doctors, lawyers, teachers, academics and businessmen.

Despite the fact that Sadr and his friends have spent vast sums of Iranian money, often entering Iraq in the form of crisp notes in briefcases, even the theological seminaries of Najaf and Karbala have kept their doors shut to his brand of religious fascism. Numerous opinion polls, including some financed by the opponents of the liberation, show that in any free election the overwhelming majority of the Iraqis will not vote either for the Saddamites or the various brands of Islamist fascism.

The scoundrels trying to prevent the handover of power to the Iraqi people may pose as Arab nationalists and/or defenders of the Islamic faith. But the truth is that they are making a naked bid for despotic power for themselves.

In a sense, therefore, the Coalition, having liberated Iraq from one form of fascism, is now fighting to make sure that other forms of fascism do not emerge to threaten the nation's democratic aspirations.E-mail:

NEW YORK POST

cool.gif
The Muslims continue to perpetuate the stereotype they've created. Nukes are an attractive idea, but if we make the whole place radioactive then we can't get their oil. That neutron bomb is supposed to only kill people and not level buildings, right? Okay, so do that then turn the whole place over to Exxon/Mobil, Shell, and Halliburton. After that, drill the bejeezus out of Alaska and the Gulf of Mexico and get back to .50/gal gasoline. That's what I'M talking about.
lol.gif

quote:

Originally posted by Jason8691:
they go strait to heaven to sit amongst how ever many virgins-72 I think.

I heard they're running short on virgins. They now get 3 virgins and a goat.

I feel sorry for the goat.

If Syrian and Iranian Special Forces people are being found in that city, then that is proof of Syrian and Iranian involvement in all of this. And the people running Syria and Iran must not be able to think very clearly. Did they actually think they were going to win?

If Syria is willing to help the terrorists in Iraq, why should we believe anything about their claims that they are not hiding Iraqi WMD?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back