2015 Nissan Rogue General Maintenance Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is regarding a 2015 Nissan Rogue SV AWD Premium Package.

Some of my questions are:
Does this car have a transmission drain plug? Since it's a CVT, does it have a filter or trans filter or no, and should I do my first drain and fill at 30k and every 30k thereafter, or have the dealer flush it at 30 or 60k? One dealer said 30k, another said 60, but is flushing the CVT good or is it better to gently do a drain and fill every 30k? And is Castrol CVT fluid ok? NS 3 is 19 at the dealership but one said they can offer me a deal of 14 dollars per quart on it, but Castrol CVT said it's OK for NS-3, whereas valvoline and enos only specify up to NS-2. But a drain and fill is better right? Do I need to drop the pan or is there a filter?

I just did my first DIY oil change at 8k miles, at 5k, I got the free dealer oil change, and I used a mobil 1 EP filter and mobil 1 EP oil. Can I reuse the filter if I want to change out the oil after 3k at 11k total on the car to get rid of wear metals? And how long should nissan oem filters last, as the dealer offer those for 7 dollars each.

Where is the coolant drain plug? Do a drain and fill at 30k for the coolant or do a flush at the dealership, or do an at home flush? Flush or just drain and fill every 30k? Is Nissan Blue from the dealership same as pep boys retrochem oem branded nissan blue? What about the beck and arnley blue? Is nissan blue similar or the same as the other japanese blues such as honda and subaru coolant? The aftermarket blue coolants say they're for Nissan, Subaru, Honda, so can I use suburu and honda dealer coolant in the nissan, etc or nissan fluid in those cars, are they the same, or no? And can the aftermarket stuff mix with nissan oem blue fluid after a drain and fill, or should I do a full flush for that, and are there any concentrate blue fluids, aftermarket?

Should I rotate my tires every 3k? Is that better than at 5k since this is an awd vehicle and I was told awd vehicles need to have constant tread? And speaking of this being my first awd vehicle, I heard the transfer case oil needs to be changed. How often should it be changed, and if you DIY it, is it a drain and fill where you can get all of it out, like engine oil, or just part of it out like transmission? Thanks, and I'm excited to use this site, but these are some initial basic maintenance questions I have.

This has the xtronic cvt, is this design better than the previous, as I've heard bad things about the jatco cvt and how it wasn't reliable and how it was also used in jeeps, but this one is new and just came out in 2014, so is it reliable, or is it also going to be risky, as I plan to keep this car long term to 200k.

Read your owners manual. Ritalin not kick in yet?

Wait what happened to the other cars? Did you kill them? [Not mechanically, I mean spiritually]

"Beginning in 2009, some Nissan cooling systems are filled at the factory with a new Genuine Nissan Long Life Antifreeze/coolant that is blue in color.

The blue long-life coolant is designed to provide a longer service interval of 10 years/135,000 miles."

this is serious, no jokes please. only serious information like where the drain plugs are and whether or not i have to change what i said above as often as I did mention above.thanks.

Originally Posted By: engineer20
this is serious, no jokes please. only serious information like where the drain plugs are and whether or not i have to change what i said above as often as I did mention above.thanks.
Take good pictures, and go to "tinypic.com" and upload the pictures and one by one past the link here. ArcoGraphite is the only one on here with a Rogue, none of us knows where it's gonna be.

The link you paste here will say for forums or IMG codes.

How about crawling under the [censored] thing and having a look???!

Follow the owner's manual maintenance schedule. It's all spelled out for you.

My Rogue is the real J-code Nissan unit not the USA made(?) new Renault chassis redesign. I don't know where anything is on the OP car.
Its simple thiough. Look and ye shall find. ( Although I had a hard time finding the oil filter on my car as its behind a fenderliner behind the passenger side tire - you only get at it on the ground with the PS tire turned to the right lock. No need to remove the panel just carefully bend it up.

Mech20 is just WAY overthinking and WAY overservicing. Just do things in moderation. Beat the OCD!
Do use a filter bigger and BETTER than the Nissan one though.

The Hyundai Kia Mann Hummel comes to mind.

Last edited:
does ns3 or cvt fluid get cheaper over time or more expensive? any experiences with ppl with ns1 and ns2? thanks. and is 14.99 a quart of ns3 a steal, or is that very average, as i negotiated and one dealer could give it to me for 14.99 a quart if i bought it in bulk

Originally Posted By: ARCOgraphite
My Rogue is the real J-code Nissan unit not the USA made(?) new Renault chassis redesign. I don't know where anything is on the OP car.
Its simple thiough. Look and ye shall find. ( Although I had a hard time finding the oil filter on my car as its behind a fenderliner behind the passenger side tire - you only get at it on the ground with the PS tire turned to the right lock. No need to remove the panel just carefully bend it up.

Mech20 is just WAY overthinking and WAY overservicing. Just do things in moderation. Beat the OCD!
Do use a filter bigger and BETTER than the Nissan one though.

The Hyundai Kia Mann Hummel comes to mind.

I will, but I just don't want to get the wrong drain plug and drain out the wrong fluid! I don't want to guess whcih one is which and then drain out something I didn't intend to drain out. I want to prepare ahead of time and know where they are at so I know exactly which one is which before crawling under so I can have a good idea at where I'm supposed to go before I pull those said plugs. Also, I'm worried about the CVT, but I heard the korean built rogues might be better quality than the US made rogues, but just stay away from cars built in mexico. Speaking of which, how are canadian built cars? I think a vin of 2 is canada and some of these imports as well as american cars are made in canada, so how are they? The geo was pretty good and it was canadian.

So the bigger the filter, the better? The nissan filter on the rogue and many of their other cars (they use the same filter) is indeed small. What are some reference numbers on say the purolator, and mobil 1 filter, or wix filter that is equivalent to the hyundai/kia mann? Thanks.

and the rogue isn't mine, it's a family members
the taurus and camry are mine and they are used and without any car payments, thank goodness i dont need to be making any payments on the rogue, but i would like to work on it and the family member gave me permission and told me to work on it as it'd save them money

and the rogue isn't mine, it's a family members
the taurus and camry are mine and they are used and without any car payments, thank goodness i dont need to be making any payments on the rogue, but i would like to work on it and the family member gave me permission and told me to work on it as it'd save them money

Quite frankly, with as little as you appear to know about vehicle maintenance, you really don't need to be working on anyone else's car. Especially when you can't find things like a transmission drain plug or "coolant" drain plug.

This is regarding a 2015 Nissan Rogue SV AWD Premium Package... as I plan to keep this car long term to 200k.

And in your original post you claimed the Rogue was yours and you planned to keep it to 200K. Now it belongs to a "family member"? Which is it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back