Suspension and or Steering noise.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a 2007 Ford Focus Sedan. Recently I have been getting a metal on metal scratching noise/ creaking noise from the left front of the car. It happens only when truing right or when going straight over bumpy or uneven roads. About 8 mouths ago I replaced the front struts and sway bar links, is it possible a new part has gone bad? I have inspected the steering, braking and suspension components as best I can and cannot find anything. Thoughts please.

Originally Posted By: bprat318

About 8 mouths ago I replaced the front struts and sway bar links, is it possible a new part has gone bad?

What brand of parts did you use?
Was it Chinese-made parts from your local "lifetime warranty" chain store or did you get genuine factory replacement parts? I think you know why I'm asking...

Check the strut mount/bearings at the top of the strut. If it's moving around it's going to make noise.

Originally Posted By: Kruse
Originally Posted By: bprat318

About 8 mouths ago I replaced the front struts and sway bar links, is it possible a new part has gone bad?

What brand of parts did you use?
Was it Chinese-made parts from your local "lifetime warranty" chain store or did you get genuine factory replacement parts? I think you know why I'm asking...

The struts are Gabriel ready mounts... Sway bars ends are moog.

Originally Posted By: BigD1
Check the strut mount/bearings at the top of the strut. If it's moving around it's going to make noise.

Would the strut bearing make noise when stationary and turning the wheel lock to lock? Because I have done that and did not hear the noise.

Update: Per the suggestion of someone on another forum I sprayed the a Frame bushings with lubricating oil, the creaking almost competently went away. Now the question is. Should I replace the a frame or can I just keep spraying the bushings when they make noise?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back