Rear suspension groan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey Everybody,

Since it's gotten colder out my Sonata has developed a rear suspension groan/squeak. It typically happens over uneven payment, specifically while the suspension is being compressed then suddenly released. My first thought was that it's my rear sway bar (which I had installed in February). However I had my mechanic check it out and everything looks fine, I even bounced the rear of the car with him but wasn't able to recreate the noise. I will be taking him for a ride a long this weekend so he can hear it on the road.

The best way I can describe the sound is like a slight groan followed by a much louder longer groan. I'm also going to check the spare tire kit in the trunk to make sure nothings loose.

Any thoughts?

-Thanks

Originally Posted By: Swift101
The best way I can describe the sound is like a slight groan followed by a much louder longer groan. I'm also going to check the spare tire kit in the trunk to make sure nothings loose. Any thoughts? -Thanks

mother_in_law_in_trunk_square_sticker-r9f47f2e5ed0f472bb521eb4c098df45b_v9wf3_8byvr_512.jpg

Originally Posted By: lubricatosaurus
Originally Posted By: Swift101
The best way I can describe the sound is like a slight groan followed by a much louder longer groan. I'm also going to check the spare tire kit in the trunk to make sure nothings loose. Any thoughts? -Thanks

mother_in_law_in_trunk_square_sticker-r9f47f2e5ed0f472bb521eb4c098df45b_v9wf3_8byvr_512.jpg

Hahahaha, that's a good one. But I have good news, it was just the spare tire. I guess the kit became loose over time, no more noise.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back