2 million Toyotas recalled

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: SteveSRT8
Careful now. You can't criticize the God of all car makers...

LOL. Nah, just putting it out. There was dude on here that used to post just about every recall.

Car Connection is pretty good about staying up on recalls.

35.gif

GM just had a recall announced today as well.

Recalls are not always a condemnation of an automaker or "proof" that Honda, Ford, Toyota, GM...etc.....are junk. And of course, some recalls are very serious issues while others are rather mundane.

Good to know when one is in effect though.

Our old Grand AM was recalled for the ignition death switch....i called GM and told them they vehicle was just scrapped....they thanked me for calling, and 4 months later I get another recall in the mail for the same car???

At least they have a fix. I am rolling around in a Mustang with a claymore mine for a driver's airbag. And no, parts not available, I check every morning at work right after I get my morning tea.

Recalls like this are a way of life, today. At least no one has been injured and Toyota ratted themselves out like they usually do.

Some other recalls like GM are a bit more serious and were forced on them. They did not volunteer.

And I hear there may be a VW recall coming very soon, something to do with cheating and not just a mistake.

I think Toyota stepped up after not recalling the wide open throttle, gas pedal hanging on the floor mat thingy. I think someone in Toyota City might have fallen on the sword for that one.

Originally Posted By: bdcardinal
At least they have a fix. I am rolling around in a Mustang with a claymore mine for a driver's airbag. And no, parts not available, I check every morning at work right after I get my morning tea.

Cali's Gestapo inspection will fail you for an aftermarket wheel/hub, and no (Joan) Claybrook mine??

IF by any chance not, get a; Momo, Sparco, OMP, Persoannal, etc. wheel in that pony ASAP!!!

Meh. My Honda motorcycle, along with about 40,000 others, has been recalled for a potential fire hazard...it happens to all manufacturers occasionally.

Interesting. I haven't seen a notice yet in the mail, but I'll keep an eye out for it. Maybe mine skipped it somehow--I see a VIN lookup on Toyota's site, later on I'll check and see if I have any open ones.

Halfway tempted to not get it done--I don't want an ECU reflash.

I like the Toyota recalls. I have a 2008 Rav4 so I will get the letter soon. My dealer will have the car cleaned inside and out and top up all fluids and give me a labor break if I have anything else done while it is in for the repair. If I need a loaner it will be no charge.

The last Lexus recall we got the dealer had our ES350 detailed and gave us a loaner and a $50 Shell gas card.

Toyota really takes care of me.

I'm glad you recognize that.
13.gif

Originally Posted By: Doog

I'm glad you recognize that.
13.gif

As long as YOU believe it.
wink.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back