Reman AcDelco Calipers Different Pistion L and R.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have reman calipers to that use different piston left and right. Both have the same part number and codes on the box, but no date though. One piston looks better machined, but polish coated metal. The other looks closer to OEM, but with some imperfections on the outer surface with a finish coating. Otherwise the calipers look the same. I not too happy about this, but is there downside to this and should I accept it?

Could it be that during the reman process one of them needed the piston replaced while the other just needed the piston cleaned up and reinstalled?

It could be, maybe AcDelco's rebuilder does not replace all pistons and just do it on an as needed basis. I have read some rebuilder always replace them and I guess some don't.

Last edited:
As long as the surface imperfections don't go below the piston seal it doesn't matter. If one was metal and the other phenolic you might want to swap one.
Both materials have their pro and cons, it has been debated endlessly as which is better, the only issue i can think of mixing the two would be the expansion rate of the different materials.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back