Quicksilver 20w-50 or VR1 for 2011 Harley 103ci?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I use Redline Vtwin shockproof synthetic transmission oil in my old 5 speed Evo's transmission. Valvoline Vr1 20w50 conventional in the engine and primary. I pull the clutch in and count to three, and it silently slips into first gear. It does clunk when going through the gears but so does my sons 2007 CVO 6 speed 110 Road King and my friends 2015 CVO 110 Rushmore Electraglide. My son and my friend use Harley's brand of recommended fluids in all three holes. I don't rag them about running Harley's oil and all 3 bikes run great. I pay more than double the price of the Harley oil for the qt of Redline in my transmission, but it is pink and it kinda looks like pink Kool Aid.

I currently use a combo of VR1 syn & VR1 dino in my 2011 FLHP because I bought them on sale, and the VR1 has some good UOA's posted.

In my 1988 I've used all kinds of oils, from Casrtol GTX to NAPA syn 15w-50. Currently using Valvoline MC oil, 20w-50.

In all my transmissions I've always used gear oil. That goes all the way back to my 1981 Super Glide. Never had a problem and shifting produces less of a clunk.

In the primary I've been using Rotella T 15w-40 for quite a long time. I have use the HD stuff also.

Bottom line use what you want. I'm just sharing what I've used in approx. 350k of Harleys going back to 1981.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back