General Consensus on ~good~ fuel stabilizers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Been reading recent posts , etc and noticed some uses experience with Star Tron = fuel seperation...

I switched over from Stabil Marine to Star-Tron as all the boat dudes swore on Star-Tron being a better product.
Then there seems to be a whole fan-base on Ethanol Shield.

Is there some sorta definitive product that is the go-to for a Fuel Stabilizer.

I use regular original stabile, but south carolina has lots of "pure gas "stations.

is your question about ethanol gas?
pure gas 93 octane is $3.09 here.

why does Mass. state stations not sell pure gas and maybe NY too, are those state laws??

Last edited:
I have had the best luck with Sea Foam. It has gas stabilization directions on the side of the can. Stabil is good for only a short time 30 days or less. I have had good luck for months to years with Sea Foam. I have used Star Tron and have no complaints about it. I would say it worked better than Stabil. I am so happy with Sea Foam though, I am sticking with that. I have over 20 machines with carbs and some don't get started for years. Two strokes and Four strokes and with ethanol gas. Once I started using Sea Foam , ethanol gas wasn't a issue anymore.

Last edited:
I use Marine Stabil for OPE along with E0 gas.

And Startron for the boat also with E0 gas.

What does the OP mean by fuel separation?

None of these products can deal with a lot of water. Water in enough quantity can cause phase separation.

On our OPE gen and snowblower a little top oil(tcw3) seems to do the trick; My gen has 2 1/2 year old gas in it( which I was about to drain) and I just kicked it and it started up second pull and ran clean with no misfire. An this is with [censored] gas though IIRC I put super shell V power in it.

Sta-Bil user here.

Using the standard red colored product at 1.5 X recommended dose for over 20 years now.

I routinely store several tightly sealed 5 Gallon plastic containers of fuel bought on "price dips" for "insurance".

I mark the jugs for date and octane Etc. with a sharpie.
I mostly store E10 87 which is rotated out after 2 years storage.

The stored E10 87 is rotated out in an old "beater" car and 4 cycle outdoor power equipment.

2 cycle power equipment gets E0 93 that is stored in the same fashion.

No problems ever with this routine.

I consider that storing in a dry place with no direct exposure to sunlight to be a necessity for success.

YMMV

Rickey.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back