Finally found a good automatic battery charger

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Ryan
I'm very interested. My question is this...would I benefit from buying this, considering I already use a Battery Tender? Doesn't the Tender use the same type of charging cycles?

Battery tenders are very nice but the amps are usually low, so the biggest downfall of the battery tender compared to the Prologix or other higher amp chargers is the amount of time you spend waiting to charge a depleted battery.

Also for larger batteries the battery tender may never bring it up to full since a larger battery can accept so many amps.

For just maintenance of a working battery either will work, the pro Logix is just more versatile and can quickly charge even the largest 12 volt batteries.

IF anyone liked that solar charger the OP posted

its currently (3rd party seller fulfilled by amazon)

Just bought one

well for some reason with my prime 2 day shipping its taking till next thurs to get here.. but its on the way fellas.

Originally Posted By: TFB1
I use a 1957 PACO car radio power supply(for bench repair)... Set it at a couple amps which is around 14.5v, never a issue...

If I want to revive one, I'll crank it to max(around 24v), and wait till batt starts drawing current, probably half will at least be useable...

I would like a charger like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back