Drivers

1. Lewis Hamilton, 302
2. Sebastian Vettel, 236
3. Nico Rosberg, 229
Constructors
1. Mercedes AMG Petronas, 531
2. Scuderia Ferrari, 359
3. Williams Martini Racing, 220

For more, including track data and video, please check out my full post on TOV Motorsports

18_USA_E_300DPI-886x498.jpg

Originally Posted By: JustinH
Strong chance of rain in Austin this weekend, might be interesting to watch them run in the rain.

Fingers crossed. Wet races help level the field and sort the men from the boys.

Originally Posted By: Brad_C
Fingers crossed. Wet races help level the field and sort the men from the boys.

It will certainly take away any performance advantage Mercedes has.

So they are now calling for a foot of rain to fall from now until Saturday night, then it will taper off Sunday for race day.

My first Formula 1 race ever, should be interesting.

So they are now calling for a foot of rain to fall from now until Saturday night, then it will taper off Sunday for race day.

My first Formula 1 race ever, should be interesting.

Where are you sitting? I went to COTA for the V8 Supercar race and managed to buy tickets on the front grandstand that were not under cover. The area under them is awesome to escape the heat/sun or in this case rain. There is a bar on the second level, the Australians drank them dry, I was impressed.

Last edited:

What can "a foot of rain" taper off to? A couple of inches? Sounds like qualifying will be a wash out.

Originally Posted By: Whitewolf
Have you seen the stupid grid penalties coming into play again though?

In fairness, what should be done? Talking hypothetically, should they go back to the years where they ran through two or three engines on a weekend? That would bankrupt the lower teams in, what, two races? Or, hypothetically, again, should they just give the offending constructors fines, instead? Those, of course, wouldn't hurt the top teams at all.

Now, practically speaking, the teams, Ferrari included, agreed to the limitations on the number of engines, and they agreed to the penalties. They also agreed to the type of engines. When Renault wanted to change the rules for more engines, no one else wanted to play ball. So, we should have rules that the teams all agreed to, but we shouldn't let Charlie Whiting enforce them because they're "lame."

This is where Bernie is dead right. The teams should have zero input on rules whatsoever. If you want to participate, this is the formula. If you don't like the formula, go elsewhere. The teams themselves are completely at fault for the engine issues right now, all the way from the design, to the sound, to the power, to the reliability, and the penalties.

There is a force 5 hurricane bearing down on that area. Remember if the Medical Helicopter cannot fly, they'll call the race. Nothing grounds helicopters faster than high wind and foul weather.

I can't guess at how much rain Austin may get but it looks like the hurricane itself (Cat5winds, etc.) Won't reach Austin. It has to cross the mountains too which may weaken it.

650x366_10231315_hd32-4.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back