New bike... oh yeah baby

Status
Not open for further replies.
2007 VS800 with 12k miles... got her for ~$1500 USD. 3rd owner. Private sale, got to sit and chat with the 2nd owner who was meticulous with maintenance when he got it with 7k miles on the ODO. Insurance also told me I'm good to go with no costs since it's late in the season... policy renews in February w00t! Safety happens Friday, and all indicators are we're good to go after speaking with my local garage.

vs800_sized.jpg

In February insurance premium will start at $35/month

Now I get to switch between my SFV650 and the VS800 depending on how I feel that day
banana2.gif

No pressure from my wife to sell one.... yet
grin.gif

Nice looking Intruder :) . I had the C50 Suzuki,then a S83 Suzuki 1400, then a 1300 Vstar from Yamaha and now my current bike is a 1700 Road Star a 2014 model bought new.

Sweet!

Just...umm...don't pass any angry drivers where there is a double yellow line...

$1500, wow that's pocket change. You did very well.

Does the license tag say BOOM or 800M (eight hundred M). LoL.

Originally Posted By: webfors

I'd suggest shopping around for Insurance. I spend less than that on a 2015 high performance Sportbike. And less than half on an older, but even higher performance Sportbike.

Congrats on the new to you bike.

Originally Posted By: LoneRanger
$1500, wow that's pocket change. You did very well.

Does the license tag say BOOM or 800M (eight hundred M). LoL.

That's my MS Paint attempt to block out the actual plate number.... I scribbled "BOOM"
wink.gif

Originally Posted By: 02SE

I'd suggest shopping around for Insurance. I spend less than that on a 2015 high performance Sportbike. And less than half on an older, but even higher performance Sportbike.

Congrats on the new to you bike.

I wish I lived in your neck of the woods. Insurance up north isn't that cheap. $420 per year is about as good as it gets. I pay $380 for the SFV.

Originally Posted By: spasm3
Looks nice! A lot of bike for the money!

Agreed, couldn't pass it up. It's in great shape. Drove it all evening. We had a warm day today that I had to eat up on two wheels.

Brings back memories! I had an 07 C50, was a great bike and you picked up that bike at a great price, nice looking ride too!

Only bad thing, maybe you want to compare ins rates, unless you have a bad driving record, $35 a month seems REALLY pricey. Check Progressive and Geico.
I only say that because I have my bike insured with the highest amount of insurance possible covering everything, theft, high liability non insured, low insured, you name it. I pay exactly (slightly less) $35 a month and its a 2014 Road King.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: alarmguy
Brings back memories! I had an 07 C50, was a great bike and you picked up that bike at a great price, nice looking ride too!

Only bad thing, maybe you want to compare ins rates, unless you have a bad driving record, $35 a month seems REALLY pricey. Check Progressive and Geico.
I only say that because I have my bike insured with the highest amount of insurance possible covering everything, theft, high liability non insured, low insured, you name it. I pay exactly (slightly less) $35 a month and its a 2014 Road King.

I wish! That's a great rate. My record is spotless, and trust me, just over $400 for bike insurance in Canada is a good rate.

Regarding oil, would RT6 be a suitable oil for this bike? I use it in my SFV.

I haven't spent anytime researching if the s50/vs800 has any particular requirement other than non-conserving 40 weight with the Jaso MA spec.

Nice bike! I checked around for insurance and insured my Harley for just under 300 bucks per year through State Farm. I'm a geezer who has been riding for over 35 years though, so maybe that makes it a lil lower. They gave me twice the coverage as progressive (H-D insurance) for a couple bucks more.

Originally Posted By: alarmguy

I wish! That's a great rate. My record is spotless, and trust me, just over $400 for bike insurance in Canada is a good rate.

Oops, gosh, your in another country! *L* Didn't realize it.

Just passed safety with flying colors! Mechanic said it was one of the 'cleanest' intruders he's seen in a while.

Plates transferred, and got my UVIP (used vehicle info package) which confirmed the first owner was a lady, second was the gentlemen that sold it to me, no accidents, no reported issues.

01.gif

Originally Posted By: 01_celica_gt
Originally Posted By: Astro14
Sweet!

Just...umm...don't pass any angry drivers where there is a double yellow line...
LOL

I must be missing the context... linky?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back