Calling Airbag/SRS pros

Status
Not open for further replies.
My 2009 Accord's driver seat is beat.

Best case scenario, I want to replace the seat with a leather seat from a 2009 era Acura TSX. Mounting rails are the same and the airbag connectors look to be the same.

Worst case scenario, I would replace the seat with another cloth manual LX Accord seat.

Either way though, I read that I will need to program the SRS computer for the new/different airbag. Can anyone potentially confirm this?

Wondering if an eBay Honda HDS cable could let me program this myself.

Apparently other seats have an OPDS (Occupant Position Detection System) unit, but the driver seat does not.

I have one of the good HDS clones. It can scan every system and even flash the PCM. They cannot program immobilizer keys or anything else that requires a pin code from Honda's Interactive Network. HIN

There are some PIN generators out there, but they didn't work on my cars with HDS version 2.19 or 3.15.

I have not specifically used mine on the SRS like you are looking to do. See if you can locate a dealer tech on Honda-Tech.com and ask them.

I ended up buying an Autel DS708 to handle these problems.

Finally, is it possible to just swap the airbag between the seats?

Just a note that is probably a bit nanny:

Get radio code and always disconnect Negative Battery Terminal for a good long time before working on any Airbag stuff.

These things make me paranoid.

Originally Posted By: Falken
Just a note that is probably a bit nanny:

Get radio code and always disconnect Negative Battery Terminal for a good long time before working on any Airbag stuff.

These things make me paranoid.

They make me paranoid as well. And no worries on the comment, it just shows your concern. Thank you for the reminder
smile.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back