So the US just experienced a Somalia incident in Iraq

Status
Not open for further replies.
In the old days, when the King declared war on some land or people, he was required to lead the charge into battle, to prove his conviction in the justness of his cause, otherwise the troops wouldn't fight. If the King was a coward, why should they fight? This is very traditional.

In these modern times, the King sits at home surrounded by luxuries and comfort, and issues orders for others to go forth and do things. The King never ever has to experience the repercussions of what they experience.

I firmly believe, that if Kings or Presidents, were required to go with the troops to show that they too do their part, united in sacrifice to do the right thing, the world would be a very different place. A lot less wars, a lot shorter wars, and a lot more calm and collected leaders.

The bible says: what you sow, you shall reap.

This incident is nothing more than harvesting time for the whirlwind.

I greatly wish I could protect all individuals from being sent 'there' but unlike soldiers, the corporate types now found in Iraq setting up McDonalds were not forced to go. They knew the risks.

In the old days in the USA, to declare war, required an act of Congress as is right under a republic, as it affects the entire nation. But since Vietnam I think, the President-King has the power to commit the entire country on a whim, to 90-day duration episodes of 'engagement'. These episodes can be renewed and thus, a war can be fought, without ever being formally approved by congress.

Where are the checks and balances in this? That power didn't always exist.

quote:

Originally posted by Last_Z:

quote:

Originally posted by PRRPILL:
The gloating tone of the post from Technarch, is a new low. I think you also take comfort at a death of innocent Americans in Iraq, because Bush went to war there. The worse it is for us the better it fits the liberal ideal, that Dubya screwed up. That, of course is just my humble opinion.

Agree!
patriot.gif

Nice to see the liberals dancing in the blood to further their agenda. Too bad there were no American children killed eh?

mad.gif

Too bad for the pullout predictors this isn't Somalia and Billy Bob isn't president anymore.

And yes I know I'm breaking by own rules. I'm feeding the trolls. Many boards I'm on have a :flip: emoticon. We could sure use one here...

[ April 01, 2004, 01:07 PM: Message edited by: jsharp ]

As a Canadian, I would like to distance myself from Tecnarch's disgusting display on this board and let it be known that many of us are not spineless Islamofacsist sympathizers.

quote:

Originally posted by Eric:
It's interesting to see that really good pictures of the culprits were seen on the vids. I wouldn't want to be them right now. Money will be offered for ID... then the SF boys will come visit late some night

I sure hope so

I haven't got the names yet of the poor souls that died. What I have been told they may not be released to the public for the sake of the families privacy. I may have trained with them over the last few years. I know a lot of people at the private contractor for these people worked. My prayers go with them.

North Carolina security contractor's employees killed, mutilated in Iraq

MOYOCK, N.C. (AP) - The four men killed and dragged through the streets of an Iraqi town Wednesday worked for a North Carolina subcontractor that is providing security in a hostile area of Iraq.

Blackwater Security Consulting provides security training and guard services to customers around the world. It is one of five subsidiaries of Blackwater U.S.A., based in northeastern North Carolina about a half-hour's drive from the world's largest naval base in Norfolk, Va.

The company referred calls to a spokesman in suburban Washington who declined comment beyond a prepared statement that said Blackwater was a government subcontractor providing security for the delivery of food in the Fallujah area of Iraq.

The United States has denounced the slayings as "horrific." Jubilant Iraqi residents dragged two of the charred corpses through the streets and hanged them from a bridge.

The names of the victims were not immediately released because family members had yet to be notified.

Privately owned Blackwater U.S.A.'s range of services include providing firearms and small-groups training for U.S. navy SEALs, police department SWAT teams and former special operations personnel.

"We're very proud of the work that we do. We feel that we support a just cause," assistant training director Chris Epperson said during a visit last month.

On a typical day, a navy SEALs team practised shooting in odd positions through doors and windows and cadets from the U.S. Coast Guard Academy learned how to storm through doorways during a room-by-room search. Plainclothes operatives practised how to escape from a disabled sport-utility vehicle while under fire from attackers.

The company's security-consulting business connects former special forces troops with jobs that may involve protecting people or places, or training foreign militaries.

Epperson said the company's contractors provide protection to Paul Bremer, the U.S. administrator in Iraq.

Other Blackwater U.S.A. subsidiaries train dogs and handlers for security work and train pilots to land airplanes and helicopters on dirt landing strips.

quote:

Originally posted by ALS:
I haven't got the names yet of the poor souls that died.... I may have trained with them over the last few years.

Sorry to hear that, it is worse when you know the victims.

According to reports, they were working to get food supplies delivered to the area.

Keith.

You people who suggest that people--red-blooded Americans--who sit on the left side of the aisle are rejoicing in these deaths are low, miserable, pathetic sons of bitches.

You claim they're using the deaths for political reasons, when it reality that is exactly what you're doing when you try to align your political rivals with the perpetrators of these heinous acts. You are using the deaths and the sympathy that pours out from every American heart against political adversaries. And that's miserable. That's sad.

And frankly, it's derainged. It shows that the political agenda comes before the victims for you. I suppose you're assuming that the victims are all God-fearing conservative republicans who worship your agenda, too. Thoughtless, mindless, spineless.

Additionally, whatever Clinton did in Somalia that put our troops at additional risk hangs over his head. It says something about his policies. It does not make Bush's position any better or worse.

cool.gif
Time to drain the swamp and turn Fallujah into Dresden. I don't have a problem with it.
quote:

Originally posted by Asinine:
You people who suggest that people--red-blooded Americans--who sit on the left side of the aisle are rejoicing in these deaths are low, miserable, pathetic sons of bitches....It shows that the political agenda comes before the victims for you. I suppose you're assuming that the victims are all God-fearing conservative republicans who worship your agenda, too. Thoughtless, mindless, spineless.

cool.gif
Jumping in late here, but I would not suggest that Liberals are red-blooded Americans. I would also not suggest that ALL Liberals are rejoicing over this, only the ones in Congress and those running for President.
tongue.gif

Notable dates in history: A Liberal calls Conservatives "spineless", 4/1/04.
Also note that you're the only person engaging in name-calling on this board.

[ April 01, 2004, 05:46 PM: Message edited by: JohnnyO ]

"It's interesting to see that really good pictures of the culprits were seen on the vids. I wouldn't want to be them right now. Money will be offered for ID... then the SF boys will come visit late some night"

This worked like a charm (although without the money) after the '92 Los Angeles riots. You might remember the footage of guys (gang members, it turns out) dragging the driver out of his big rig and attacking him. In their jubilant stupidity, they managaged to prominently display their mugs to a helicopter video camera. In fact, one of the turds was recently killed in a bar fight (he had served prison time for the attacks).

"Nice to see the liberals dancing in the blood to further their agenda. Too bad there were no American children killed eh?"

Actually it's the other way around, JSHARP. Conservatives could see endless scores soldiers and civilians killed in Iraq, and they wouldn't care for a second so long as it didn't involve people they personally know, and as long as it didn't impact Bush's reelection efforts. (Actually I believe no such absurdity...I just wanted to see if I could match your comments with a sweeping characterization that was just as moronic. I'm curious why you didn't mention "Conservatives dancing in the blood..." following the 1993 Black Hawk Down incident in Somalia?)

[ April 01, 2004, 05:49 PM: Message edited by: TC ]

quote:

Originally posted by TC:
"It's interesting to see that really good pictures of the culprits were seen on the vids. I wouldn't want to be them right now. Money will be offered for ID... then the SF boys will come visit late some night"

This worked like a charm (although without the money) after the '92 Los Angeles riots. You might remember the footage of guys (gang members, it turns out) dragging the driver out of his big rig and attacking him. In their jubilant stupidity, they managaged to prominently display their mugs to a helicopter video camera. In fact, one of the turds was recently killed in a bar fight (he had served prison time for the attacks).

"Nice to see the liberals dancing in the blood to further their agenda. Too bad there were no American children killed eh?"

Actually it's the other way around, JSHARP. Conservatives could see endless scores soldiers and civilians killed in Iraq, and they wouldn't care for a second so long as it didn't involve people they personally know, and as long as it didn't impact Bush's reelection efforts. (Actually I believe no such absurdity...I just wanted to see if I could match your comments with a sweeping characterization that was just as moronic.)

You didn't expect me to answer this obvious troll thread with anything but a response in kind did you?

That sound you're hearing is the reel spinning...

wink.gif

I don't know anything about "troll threads." I only know that trolls live under bridges, except for those trolls who, under cover of darkness, slip out from said bridges and run for president under the name "Kucinich."

quote:

Originally posted by TC:
I don't know anything about "troll threads." I only know that trolls live under bridges, except for those trolls who, under cover of darkness, slip out from said bridges and run for president under the name "Kucinich."

grin.gif

troll v.,n. To utter a posting on Usenet designed to attract predictable responses or flames. Derives from the phrase "trolling for newbies"; which in turn comes from mainstream "trolling";, a style of fishing in which one trails bait through a likely spot hoping for a bite.

From - http://www.urban75.com/Mag/troll.html

I'm not going to say that everything the US does is correct. Most have issues with some or even all of the US's foreign policy. But, please name for me another country with the guts to do what the US attempts to do. Only a few would even attempt to do what the US is now doing, and I think even those with the will to attempt it would have cut and run long ago.

Maybe you're thinking the world doesn't need a policeman. OK. Fair enough. But, what if your region, lets say anything within 20 miles of your home, was off limits to any police protection? Would this be a good place to live?

Being spineless is easy. Having courage is hard. Having courage when you are a blessed nation with great people and natural resources is selfless.

Now, you can gloat about dead US citizens being dragged through the streets. But, I'd advise being very careful about where you gloat.

quote:

Originally posted by Mainiac:
Well, the Americans who were killed were far from being "innocent"...they were private security contractors, in fact one was a quasi-celebrity, ex-SEAL and trainer of actors in war movies.

Given that the U.S. is an occuping army and has failed miserably to convince the natives of their evil ways; it is fully expected that their hatred would boil over when they catch their conquerers?

Remember when America was occupied...albiet a long time ago, how did we treat the French, British and Mexicans. Right, just like the Indians.

So it goes both ways.

What happened could have easily happened in a hostile American city under Chinese rule!

Far from being "innocent"? I would like to see you say that in public.

Nice how the word "liberal" gets thrown around so much. I don't think some people here even know what "republican" and "democrat" represent, nor "conservative" or "liberal." Not that those terms even remotely represent the groups who wear the labels anymore.

Might as well be called "Team A" and "Team B."

But of course, "conservatives" love to associate anything negative they can with "liberalism." Makes about as much sense as a U. of Michigan student trying to say that the basis of being a Michigan State student is sympathy for terrorist and child molesters.

quote:

Originally posted by Mainiac:
Well, the Americans who were killed were far from being "innocent"...they were private security contractors, in fact one was a quasi-celebrity, ex-SEAL and trainer of actors in war movies.

Given that the U.S. is an occuping army and has failed miserably to convince the natives of their evil ways; it is fully expected that their hatred would boil over when they catch their conquerers?

Remember when America was occupied...albiet a long time ago, how did we treat the French, British and Mexicans. Right, just like the Indians.

So it goes both ways.

What happened could have easily happened in a hostile American city under Chinese rule!

Wow! You are one heck of a smart dude! Is your name Homer J. Simpson?

"I prefer to refer to them as A-hole 1 or A-hole 2."

OK, this is as good a time to ask this question as any -- it's been bugging me for a long time. What exactly is the difference between a "cornhole," "cakehole," and "piehole?" Attempting to correlate a food to a particular orifice has proven impossible for me, so how can one tell the difference between the three? And exactly how many holes are we talkin' about here? It's all so very confusing...

[ April 02, 2004, 07:23 PM: Message edited by: TC ]

There are a few people here who may have benefited from a history class in school. At the time of the Alamo Texas was a part of Mexico. The people who fought the Mexican empire were citizens of Mexico and did so because of grievances they had against Mexico. And after the Alamo they fought Mexico because of what had occurred there. The United States purchased land from the French (the Louisiana Purchase). People in the original 13 states were a British colony who rebelled.

So you can't really say that the British, French, and Mexicans were occupying forces.

As far as the Native Americans are concerned, they were already living here before the Europeans came.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back