1984 Honda Elite CH125 Mobil Super 10w/30

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here's the UOA for my lady's scooter, a 1984 Honda Elite CH125, which was running the Mobil Super 10w/30 (previous owners choice). The sample was taken just prior to oil change (11,000). I switched her over to Amsoil's Formula 4-Stroke Synthetic 10w-40 Scooter oil Amsoil's Formula 4-Stroke Synthetic 10W-40 Scooter Oil. I will continue to post future results.

PkYxSgT.png

there's a small filter at the oil drain plug. I installed a new one when I switched to amsoil. Prior to the change to Mobil Super, which was about 3 months ago, the scooter had been california non-op'd with a dealer since 2008. Was the oil changed at some point between 2008 and july 2015, I sure hope so, but can't say for certain.

That same "filter", actually nothing but a fine wire screen, was used by Honda on their very popular Helix 250's which they made for about 20 years. Tough little motors that lasted so I guess the non-fiter was sufficient! I owned 3 over that period of time.
BTW, the filter never ever had any particles in them!

Good to know. My motorcycle, a KTM duke 690, calls these oil filter screens. The KTM has two traditional filters (I have aftermarket stainless steel ones) and two oil filter screens. Changing the oil on the KTM is a headache, whereas changing the oil on this little elite, practically a delight by comparison!

Last edited:
well the oil was down to a 20wt in under 700 miles.
but with a flash of 420 there is no fuel in it except in the gas tank where it belongs.

with no real oil filter it is easy to see why the metals are all up

but lets be real here for a sec:
the bike is 32 years old granted it only has 11k miles, but its a scooter. the throttle is a on/off switch with a round grip.

this report really isnt as bad as what might be expected from a 32yo motor that runs bascially at wfo when its not lugging.

run 10w30 in the LA winter and sae30 in the summer.
steve

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back