Stewart's Shops in NY selling ethanol-free premium

Status
Not open for further replies.
Goes good with hot dogs and root beer
smile.gif

Has been going on for a few months around here. Great for the OPEs too!

Don't forget about their ice cream especially when all flavors are on sale for $2.99/ half gallon.

I saw some ethanol free 91 at a nice and easy station in Tully, NY yesterday.

Sidenote since when is gas cheaper in new York than in Wisconsin? Recent law changes?

Originally Posted By: dnastrau
Apparently Orange and Dutchess Counties will not have this available at all because of local laws requiring the use of ethanol.
what's the actual benefit of ethanol in an engine to require a law like this?

Part of the reason that you see more 100% pure gasoline is that the price of ethanol has gone way up in the past several years and in states that don't require it they can omit it entirely and it makes the product cheaper to produce.

I've heard nothing but raves concerning Stewart's ice cream
too, I wish I lived in the area, are they only in the upstate or can they be found in places like Long Island, and West Chester County in the south eastern part of the state?

Yep got a Stewarts a few miles from my house with ethanol free gas. Good for my yard equipment. Who doesn't want to grab a cone of ice cream with your ethanol free gas?

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: 01_celica_gt
Apparently Orange and Dutchess Counties will not have this available at all because of local laws requiring the use of ethanol.

Go father north to Columbia County. Its in most or all Stewarts stations there.

Lotta corn farmers out there. A lot of people who don't understand that it takes just as much fossil fuel to make a gallon of ethanol.

Originally Posted By: cat843

Go father north to Columbia County. Its in most or all Stewarts stations there.

We have a Stewarts in Syracuse area finally ... I just haven't made it over. My parents use Ethanol Free 91 in both of their vehicles and get it at a gas station outside of their town. It's not out of the way grabbing it coming in from work or something. But just for the lawnmower it is. I'll have to see if the Stewarts in their village has 91 ethanol free.

Andrew S.

Its actually a Federal regulation for non clean air attainment areas.
It is required in Orange County, Dutchess county opted in.

http://www2.epa.gov/gasoline-standards/reformulated-gasoline

Clean Air Act Required Areas:
New York
Bronx County
Kings County
Nassau County
New York County
Orange County
Putnam
Queens County
Richmond County
Rockland County
Suffolk County
Westchester County

"Opt-In" Areas:
New York
Dutchess County
Essex County (partial)

Here is a US map of the areas:
EPA RFG Gasoline Map

Last edited:
Yeah Stewies has had it for a while. Wife works for them. It works out great for boats during the large fishing tournaments. We get some Bass master stuff up here. It guarantees them a lot of business.

As always, most things have pros and cons.
You get better fuel economy with pure gas vs E10 gas.
But E10 fuel has largely elimnated fuel line freezing.
E10 supposedly lowers gas mileage 8% vs pure gas.
Example: E10 driving range 300 miles vs pure gas 324 miles.

Originally Posted By: skyactiv
As always, most things have pros and cons.
You get better fuel economy with pure gas vs E10 gas.
But E10 fuel has largely elimnated fuel line freezing.
E10 supposedly lowers gas mileage 8% vs pure gas.
Example: E10 driving range 300 miles vs pure gas 324 miles.

That sounds about right. I now drive 32miles one way when I want "90 octane recreational use gas"

which is pure gas.

Mainly for the 1970's tractor(s) I dont worry about using e10 in my modern OPE much.. although I prefer pure gas.

Luckily if I think ahead I can get it while driving past for other reasons and not a special trip.

unfortuneately last time I went through a large truck had run over the pump (not kidding) so I had to wait a few weeks for them to repair it.

This station is the only non-marina around me.
http://pure-gas.org/station?station_id=15771

Last edited:
Until this post, I never knew that ANY Stewart's Ice Cream places also had service stations on their premises.

I guess I never paid enough attention whenever I travelled upstate.

Are there any in the Lake George/Lake Placid areas??

Originally Posted By: Miller88

Lotta corn farmers out there. A lot of people who don't understand that it takes just as much fossil fuel to make a gallon of ethanol.

Bogus. For every 1 BTU of energy to make ethanol, from planting a seed, to harvest, to final ethanol product... all included fertilizers, transportation, farm equipment fuel use, etc.. there is a net gain. For every 1 BTU of energy input to produce corn ethanol, all forms including NG, Propane, Diesel, etc, there is a 1.34 BTU energy output at the end. A 34% net gain.

http://www.transportation.anl.gov/pdfs/AF/265.pdf

http://www.ethanolmt.org/images/argonnestudy.pdf

Originally Posted By: dailydriver
Until this post, I never knew that ANY Stewart's Ice Cream places also had service stations on their premises.

I guess I never paid enough attention whenever I travelled upstate.

Are there any in the Lake George/Lake Placid areas??

Yes there are:

http://www.stewartsshops.com/find-a-shop-2/

Andrew S.

Awesome! I have been getting my ethanol free premium from Nice and Easy or Fast trac. I have 2 Stewarts within 5 minutes of my house, so its nice to have another option.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back