Anyone interested in a RP HMX VOA??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes!
35.gif

Yes it's going to be good. You won't see the extra sulfur from the synerlec on Blackstone VOA, or the seal conditioners but you should see the high zddp, calcium and whatever else they pair it with, probably some Tri nuclear moly and a little Boron I'm guessing.

I also would wager it's thick for the grade since it's API SL high mileage.

Originally Posted By: 901Memphis
Yes it's going to be good. You won't see the extra sulfur from the synerlec on Blackstone VOA, or the seal conditioners but you should see the high zddp, calcium and whatever else they pair it with, probably some Tri nuclear moly and a little Boron I'm guessing.

I also would wager it's thick for the grade since it's API SL high mileage.

I agree, it will likely be similar to the HPS 5w30 VOA I posted a couple months ago. I bought the HMX in 5w30 so it will be an across the board comparison. HMX is SL certified so I suspect it will have less ZDDP than HPS. HMX claims great cleanup abilities on the bottle. I'm curious to see if the detergent package is the same as HPS or if it is using a different chemistry. HPS has about 3200PPM of Calcium.

I would like to see it
thumbsup2.gif
I just picked up some of Royal Purple's fairly new Duralec 15w40 diesel oil to send in for a VOA.

Originally Posted By: Greasymechtech
I say go for it. But, I'd wager that it was similar to their HPS that was recently posted.

I agree, I posted the HPS VOA. I want to compare them side by side just for kicks.
thumbsup2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back