Questions about Amsoil BMK28 Bypass for 6.7L PSD

Status
Not open for further replies.
I plan to use an Amsoil BMK28 Bypass Kit (not the full kit as I get the hoses for free as well as the fittings, hose mounts, etc.) on my PSD. Total cost is about $115.00 (filter mount, sandwich adapter, brackets, and o-rings) without the filters. We need not get into the typical discussions about cost, ROI, and the like—for the purposes of this post, these are irrelevant topics.

A few questions:

1. I assume that for the full flow filter, I can continue to use the standard filter for a PSD (provided it fits the mount), correct? I will be using the Amsoil EA BP-90 for the bypass filter.

2. A general question—if hose length was not an issue and provided adequate routing existed, where would you consider the optimum mounting location for the filters to be (e.g. safest place)? The frame rail is structurally sound, but it tends to leave the filters exposed for road debris, etc.

3. I would like to install an electric Autometer oil pressure gauge off one of the blocked inlet/outlets. I am assuming this would work as an acceptable tap location?

Thanks in advance for your thoughts.

Don't care for sandwich mounts. Tee into an oil flow source for a dedicated bypass, and keep using the full flow as it is.
Return bypass flow to the pan oil fill neck

Mount bypass alone in frame rail.

picture of bypass

Originally Posted By: Greasymechtech
Don't care for sandwich mounts. Tee into an oil flow source for a dedicated bypass, and keep using the full flow as it is. Return bypass flow to the pan oil fill neck. Mount bypass alone in frame rail.
picture of bypass
My 2015 does not quite look like the picture of the 2011. "Sandwich mount" was probably a bad way for me to describe the adapter. Here is a image of it (circled in red):

TySlLX.jpg

Dual(full + bypass in parallel) "remote oil mount" filter setup is fine if done well.

I recommend shortest hose runs as possible.

And, the in/out-lets can be used for pressure and temp gauges.

I'd rather have a Ford full flow sized diesel stock PN filter than a 3/4" thread EAO filter.

And, was expecting more than 1/2" ID lines for a diesel oil system.

I would recommend installing an oil pressure gauge somewhere after the current filter and compare oil PSI before/after the bypass install. Worrying about oil starvation. So, be double extra careful when routing oil hoses to prevent kinks, especially when drivetrain/engine movement flexes on the motor mounts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back