Middle graded grease

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you have any farm equipment dealers around like John Deere. Ask for corn head grease. It's fluid when hot but remains still when cold.

There are greases ranging from semi fluid which has an NLGI rating of #00 to NLGI #1 which is a thinner grease than the #2. As Farmer stated a good place to look for those greases would be a farm implement dealer. I know that Shell has their Alvania #00 grease that a friend of mine uses in some of his farm equipment which is semi fluid.

Originally Posted By: mjoekingz28
Are there any greases available locally that are between a gear oil and a #2 chassis grease?

Probably NLGI zero or one.

Would engine assembly lubricants fit the bill?

Thanks

What's the application?

NLGI 00. You can find it on Amazon. Not sure if/where youd find it locally, but I do think it is used in tiller gearboxes sometimes, which might be a start. Maybe an autoparts store would ship to store?

I do not know 440Magnum.

Maybe MolaKule could chime in.

Thank you Canadian Farmer.

I am kind of interested in Boeing pastes and other (non-Boeing) engine assembly lubricants like permatex or whatever is available locally.

Maybe general purpose lubricant, 440, where grease is too heavy, motor oil is inappropriate and bicycle chain lube is to light or 'lacking'.

Thanks for ringing in!

Originally Posted By: mjoekingz28

Maybe general purpose lubricant, 440, where grease is too heavy, motor oil is inappropriate and bicycle chain lube is to light or 'lacking'.

The reason I ask is that it almost sounds like Bentonite grease might be a good choice. It stays where you put it better than grease, and is most commonly used as an alternative to gear oil in lawn tractor transmissions (most Peerless transaxles use it). The downside is that its actually still pretty thick.

Checked around at a neighboring city and asked about the corn head grease. He said, I think, it was #0 in a regular tube and low priced.

Come to think of it, the grease that drips out of your grease gun in the summer is kind of the consistency I am looking for.

Hey Kestas. I looked at Libriplate and they have am assembly lube that may be found at O'Reilly's.

But, whilelooking around the site I saw some motor oils. I looked at their SAE50 and womdered how it could have a pour point of -22F....while Valvoline of the same grade is 5F.

It just has me worrying some that they may be dishonest. It could be a different test, misprint, etc.

I got both the corn head grease and lubriplate assembly blue cap.

Anyone know of a local store that would have a NLGI #000 grease? The corn head grease is still too thick.

To be more specific, I want to see (more or less at room temperature circa 70-85 degrees) the line at which a grease becomes an oil. Kind of like scooping some Crisco or butter and watchng it melt in the frying pan, only at ambient temperature.

Angry mech tech?

Be careful, I bet you would hate for me to drive across town to purchase some and they be out or not carry it or whatever the case may be.

You did say "....they both WILL HAVE in stock quarts....". Please watch your words around here. I am not trying to tell you we dismantle what is said, but you probably should try to say it in such a way that cannot be refuted or in any way stated that has the possibility of being wrong, AKA a LIE!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back