Mandatory advertising?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just to mind.....I cannot think of a place that sells gasoline (to the public) that does not advertise price. I do not think FuelMan does, but I believe that is fleet. Is it Federal mandate to advertise prices if selling fuel(s)?

If you owned a gas station, would you mandate a price sign be put prominently in front, or would you just let people go to another station? Your questions all seem to have an underlying false agenda. When you see price stickers at the grocery store, do you think it's a plot to control you? You may be paying higher prices due to the CA drought, so don't stay too happy about it.

I doubt there is a minimum sign size regulation for fuel? The only places I've seen that don't advertise price prominently, are our rest stop locations along our major highways. Their price is always 5-7+% more than the going rate, and is sort of a convenience tax I guess.
Anyways, the only reason not to advertise price is if the price isn't competitive, so don't even stop there.

yea, not sure if this post is trolling or what. There's no requirement that you have to advertise your price. It just has to be on the pump when you buy. The price on the pump must match the signs you do put up though.

OP you have a misconception or just a very narrow of based solely on your experience, rather than applying critical thinking of how things work. Then you're building upon that false assumption.

Why would you jump to the conclusion there's a requirement to have advertising just because that's what you've always seen?

Just because you've never seen a ferrari on the road, does that mean you assume they are illegal?

It reminds me of talking with serious potheads.
They like to say things like "Based on what I've seen, the world is flat, so how do they stop the water at the ocean from flowing over the edge?"

It's impossible to back them up to first settle that the world is not flat, they've already taken that as the truth

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: raytseng
yea,

OP you have a misconception or just a very narrow of based solely on your experience, rather than applying critical thinking of how things work. Then you're building upon that false assumption.
It reminds me of talking with serious potheads.
They like to say things like "Based on what I've seen, the world is flat, so how do they stop the water at the ocean from flowing over the edge?"

It's impossible to back them up to first settle that the world is not flat, they've already taken that as the truth

if that's a true example of an actual conversation you've had with a stoner, just imagine how much their minds would blow, if you let them get baked, have this same conversation, and take them to the ocean, even just the beach, so they can see the curvature of the earth out at the horizon.

I've only been to an ocean beach twice (somewhere near San Jose,CA when i was like 10, and the spring of my senior year of HS, on our band trip to Disney, we stopped by Cocoa Beach for brunch, and a dip in the ocean), but i can clearly remember seeing the earth's curvature on the horizon both times...

"pump delivery measuring squad."

lol

I think what you're looking for is it's regulated by the department of weights and measures.

Gas stations probably are their biggest workload, but they also audit anything related to commerce that has a scale or a measure.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back