'11 F350 6.7L Powerstroke ~6,700 miles~ T6 5W-40

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here's a recent report from my 2011 6.7L Powerstroke. 7.7 TBN after 6,700 miles?!?!?

I switched back to Schaeffer's 5W-40 at this oil change (I bleed green
grin.gif
). I will be pushing the envelope on this fill. Looking to stretch it out 10k + Miles this time around.

Last edited:
10,000 miles should be easy, especially running in Florida over the winter.

Not understanding why the switch given you have such stellar results with T6?

+1

Originally Posted By: Danno
10,000 miles should be easy, especially running in Florida over the winter.

Not understanding why the switch given you have such stellar results with T6?

I had Blackstone re-test my sample for TBN. The 2nd analysis read 7.8 TBN!!!

I got a great deal on a case of Schaeffer's that I couldn't pass up. Didn't know how good the T6 was until after I dumped it.

I am very impressed with my truck and OCI. I am very confident that I broken her in properly when I 1st got it. I towed several trailers between 5-10k miles. And made 2 long hauls with my boat to the east coast at around 15k miles.

Do you still have your emissions installed? Otherwise I cannot understand why fuel dilution dropped from 4% to nil.

Charlie

I'm not surprised at all about the TBN. I think in many cases (like a pickup truck without EGR) that T6 can take an oci to the condemnation point in wear metals before it runs low in TBN.

That's a short oci but it does look as though maybe the truck hit a bump and some emissions stuff fell off.
grin.gif
It's doing well anyway.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: m37charlie
Do you still have your emissions installed? Otherwise I cannot understand why fuel dilution dropped from 4% to nil.

Charlie

I forgot to mention that I DPF/EGR Deleted right after the 30k mile OCI.

I haven't looked back since!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back