Toyota Camry Steel Belts Showing but 4 tread

Status
Not open for further replies.
i see. i will get a tire.
i dont' have a spare now
my plan was to get a used tire as a spare to "buy me more time" to tire shop and then tire shop around for a good deal on a tire
toyota has a buy 3 get a 4th tire free, but i have 2 other good tires. i have another one that is pretty worn, though the steel belts aren't showing, so i'm in need of 2 tires.
any places having deals on 2 tires or rebates on 2 tires?
how are sam's club pirelli tires? the guy claimed that it was about 100 dollars for a 90k tire
is that worth it?
the question is, are those high mileage tires worth it? discount tire says they honor warranties, but does sam's club? is it better to get a cheap 40-60k tire which costs less up front than a more expensive 90k tire or is the 90k tire worth it? they say the 90k tire gives you better performance, but will it last 90k or will it last until 60k but give you a better performing 60k than your basic tire like the kelly explorer which they discountinued?

how's the kelly edge? it's rated at 55k now, but it is a significantly better tire or no?

And how's the sumitomo from belle tire? they said it was 65k and the price wasn't bad.
but this goodyear tire place i used to always go which is family owned has the kelly

i have another tire which is from discount tire
so it is ok to have 1 tire from the goodyear family owned store, 1 from belle tire, and 1 from discount tire, so i can get free tire rotations wherever i go, since all you need is 1 tire from belle to get a free rotation, am i right?

but i know discount does free tire rotations regardless of where you get it from.

Originally Posted By: Chris142
Originally Posted By: Nick1994
Originally Posted By: Chris142
Originally Posted By: Nick1994
Everybody this is engineer20.
i must have missed the bus. Whos that?
Lol can't believe you haven't seen him on here. He's the one who put Powerbait in his engine on accident and has a million posts asking the same questions with a million questions per post.
Here's his profile:

http://www.bobistheoilguy.com/forums/ubbthreads.php/users/64480/engineer20

Grab some popcorn and read up on his posts!
Hmmmm. Not the same guy that filmed himself driving with a flat that ground the rotor down till the caliper piston popped out?
Haha no that was GHT

Originally Posted By: camryguy
also, I am not engineer20. Please stop calling me engineer20. Thanks.
Lol yeah ok

so it is ok to have 1 tire from the goodyear family owned store, 1 from belle tire, and 1 from discount tire, so i can get free tire rotations wherever i go, since all you need is 1 tire from belle to get a free rotation, am i right?

but i know discount does free tire rotations regardless of where you get it from.

grin2.gif

Then who are you?

Sure you aren't.

2itloa0.jpg

Originally Posted By: Rand
What really someone with 2 logins? I thought that was a ban-able offense?

Someone makes a fool of themselves to the point where nobody is taking them seriously anymore. They create a new login to get a "fresh start" and immediately pick up where they left off.

Originally Posted By: 4wheeldog
I suggest you drive (Very slowly on backstreets) to the nearest front end shop that also sells tires. Get whatever is causing the extreme wear fixed, and leave with at least 2 new tires.

And don't put any wiggle bait in the engine. Just on the internet.

+1^
That is a very good advice. First figure out what is real problem (suspension ) than replace BOTH FRONT TYRES. With new ones.

drill a hole in the sidewall, fill it with expanding foam, immediately drive it so it sets correctly. congrats, you now have a fred flintstone car.

i see. i will get a tire.
i dont' have a spare now
my plan was to get a used tire as a spare to "buy me more time" to tire shop and then tire shop around for a good deal on a tire
toyota has a buy 3 get a 4th tire free, but i have 2 other good tires. i have another one that is pretty worn, though the steel belts aren't showing, so i'm in need of 2 tires.
any places having deals on 2 tires or rebates on 2 tires?
how are sam's club pirelli tires? the guy claimed that it was about 100 dollars for a 90k tire
is that worth it?
the question is, are those high mileage tires worth it? discount tire says they honor warranties, but does sam's club? is it better to get a cheap 40-60k tire which costs less up front than a more expensive 90k tire or is the 90k tire worth it? they say the 90k tire gives you better performance, but will it last 90k or will it last until 60k but give you a better performing 60k than your basic tire like the kelly explorer which they discountinued?

how's the kelly edge? it's rated at 55k now, but it is a significantly better tire or no?

And how's the sumitomo from belle tire? they said it was 65k and the price wasn't bad.
but this goodyear tire place i used to always go which is family owned has the kelly

i have another tire which is from discount tire

There's a whole lot more to tires than how many "K" they have, but I suppose that's about all you can handle.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back