Dull but Better ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quote:
Acura used to be better. They had cool cars. The Integra. The RSX. The Legend. Now, they suck.

Regular readers may be surprised by this turn of events, because a mere two months ago I insisted that the new Acura NSX would fail as a halo car. And I still truly, deeply believe this, as deeply as those West Virginia snake charmers believe that a poisonous reptile can cure genetic disorders.

No Acura model of the last 15-20 years interested me

Quote:
So where does that leave the enormous number of car shoppers who just want to sit in their high-end vehicles, waft down the street, and listen to talk radio.

That’s right: it leaves them with Acura, which is practically the only brand left who’s still focusing on comfort instead of performance.

And where has that unique market position left Acura? In recent years, with incredible success. As car enthusiasts have been complaining that Acura’s lineup is comprised of dull, uninspiring cars that are approximately as exciting to use as a ball-point pen, Acura has quietly racked up enormous sales numbers.

After all, some people do enjoy televised golf.

Who watch televised golf ? I don't.

http://jalopnik.com/here-s-why-acura-is-actually-going-in-the-right-directi-1736723791?ref=yfp

While Honda/Acura has expanded into SUV's and trucks, they've never gone the route of GM or Toyota or VAG trying desperately to be the "Biggest" auto manufacturer in the world.

They've mostly focused on quality and subdued styling.

I know I know, their transmissions are awful.....laughable refrain.

Oh and I LOVE watching the majors on TV by the way.

Last edited:
When you own and drive an Acura you can remain anonymous. No one will guess what you're driving and therefor they can't guess how important you might be. They won't match your car to an advertisement because the window of opportunity would be very small. An Acura ad should read, "We're so sorry to bother you but we have some very nice cars that will not insult or embarrass anyone in any situation. We understand that if you're an important person you already drive a Mercedes, an Audi or a Cadillac but if all you want is a nice, comfortable and reliable ride we hope you will consider one of our Acuras."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back