solar powererd flashlight

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: mjoekingz28
Anyone have one?

k2-_e4408c0c-2078-4b52-8223-0b334eb4def2.v1.jpg-17820e2203743e3597637994d53d683164759b54-optim-450x450.jpg

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Hybrid-Light-1526-Hybrid-Light-Solar-Hybrid-Flashlight-120-Lumens/21156043

I am not well researched on solar flashlights, but looking at the wattage output I get from the panels I do have, you would need a much larger surface than whats available on a flashlight handle for an effective and reliable recharge in one day.

Have you looked into dynamo or hand crank lights? When I was looking it was tough finding a quality one but the format could, if made well, offer more reliable recharging.

I really don't see the point. At one time I was looking at solar chargers to be able to run devices (iPhones, iPads, etc) at the beach. Those tiny solar cells that are on the batteries designed to do that are so tiny they're virtually worthless. You need a decent panel, Id say, 1x2ft just to charge the battery at any reasonable rate (hours) in very strong direct sun.

Those tiny panels on flashlights are worthless.

Much better are the dynamo-charged LED flashlights. LEDs are efficient enough that it doesn't take much winding or motion to get a decent runtime. Especially if there are (charged) batteries.

Hello, Today from 9 to 3 I volunteered to enter data at a radio station's fund raiser.

The usual assortment of "pledge premiums" included emergency flashlights (crank, not solar) which were to be distributed to Syrian refugees.

The company is well known, I'm told. It's WAKA-WAKA (I swear). I should've Googled the company before posting here.

Not having to procure batteries is THE most helpful feature. I heard that 10,000 flashlights were on their way.

I had one of those Faraday flashlights that you need to shake to charge. It hurt my elbow.

Originally Posted By: BRZED
I had one of those Faraday flashlights that you need to shake to charge. It hurt my elbow.

I too have one of those, "shake-and-bake" flashlights.

It's called an "Energy Harvesting" flashlight.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back