2014 Honda CR-Z CVT, 24K

Status
Not open for further replies.
The CVT, to me, seems like the devil's handywork. I know how they work, but I still don't completely trust it. When the oil life monitor said to change the fluid, I took the chance at gaining some peace of mind. I did change the external filter when the fluid was changed.

What is the recommendation for changing CVT fluid from Honda manual ? 30k or 50k miles ?

Aluminum and Iron are a little high, what are other manufactures' CVT wear metals compares with yours ?

From what I had found on the CR-Z forum, I was right in line with the light coming on when it did. A quick glance through the manual didn't have any specific mileage pop out at me. I will admit that I haven't read it all the way through.

The Fit most likely shares the same trans, and I would assume a 2 gen Insight would as well. I don't know for sure though.

CVTF OLM with a 24k interval... sounds mildly aggressive when other CVTs out get nothing for service.

BTW, looks excellent for a run with break in wear. Hopefully it decreases with each 'request'.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back