Money Orders popularity?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello folks and have any of you noticed as have I that money orders seem to be on the increase? I pay a few bills this way, and the girlfriend pays her rent this way. Just thought I would mention or ask about it

Skyactiv: sorry, but comments like this one really make me question why I even do what J do for this wonderful forum.

Have a wonderful night

I think it's because people don't know how to write checks.

I will be paying my rent with a money order soon, though. It's much cheaper to get a money order than it is to pay for a check. A book of like 20 checks is $30.

Not really, some people I talk to say they don't trust their banks and think it's safer, dunno. Thanks for a positive reply Miller88

I've tried them but prefer online banking. Make sure there's enough money in the account and with a few mouse clicks the bank sends them a check. All for free. For other bills like car insurance I go online to their site and pay by entering my bank's debit card info. A few mouse clicks later and the bill is paid. Takes seconds to pay a bill for free.

Originally Posted By: car51
make me question why I even do what J do for this wonderful forum.

What is it that you think you do?

Hello folks and have any of you noticed as have I that money orders seem to be on the increase? I pay a few bills this way, and the girlfriend pays her rent this way. Just thought I would mention or ask about it

I prefer getting paid for stuff by money order over PayPal, because I don't pay a fee for cashing a money order. I myself have however not written a money order in a few years.

Originally Posted By: skyactiv
Did you move to the bad side of town?

Good question. Why would anyone pay money just to pay money? Because they're underbanked. Who's underbanked? Poor people.

Is it by choice, or does the payee request to be paid with a MO? I haven't used a money order in ages.

Miller88, I don't know if you're talking about special checks, but I buy my checks online for VERY cheap. My standard checks (no special design, no duplicates, etc) were less than $10 shipped for 125 checks. I think I got them at Carousel Checks

I rarely write checks now unless I have to. I typically do the online banking thing that SatinSilver does, let the bank print and mail a check.

Originally Posted By: Miller88

I will be paying my rent with a money order soon, though. It's much cheaper to get a money order than it is to pay for a check. A book of like 20 checks is $30.

Print your own checks, or scribble them on napkins. It's legal.

Now don't get butt-hurt.

IMO, checks or money orders are really just old school.

I RARELY write checks as I usually just do the online banking thing with My Check Free or through my bank. Easier and quicker.

As far as checks, you can get checks from Checks Unlinited for $5.50 a box of 125. They are running a special, 4th box of checks free with free shipping. That's $16.50 for 500 checks.

Quattro Pete: well, I donated to BlueOvalFilter, cut tons of filters open for everyone to see. So I try, and no ones perfect

I did NOT MOVE anywhere, guess some people did NOT read the post. Oh well

I do use checks also so everyone knows but some bills I pay by money order. Sheesh, tough crowd here

Originally Posted By: Miller88

Oh, they know how to write checks. The problem is they're writing them when they don't have any money in their account. That's why most places don't take checks anymore.

well, I donated to BlueOvalFilter, cut tons of filters open for everyone to see.

Thank you for your contributions. I was just curious.

Quattro Pete: you're very welcome and sorry if I came across the wrong way. I may be donating more to BlueOvalFilter also

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back