Fluid Film Kits - Anbody use one

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: SumpChump
Here's an important question. When did natural rubber stop being used on modern cars? 2000? I own 2013 Japanese made cars. Fluid film is fine for synthetic rubber and other synthetic bushings BUT it may (according to manufacturer) swell natural rubber.

If this question doesnt get noticed here i may post as a thread.

When I think of synthetic rubber I think Post-WWII. Natural rubber has that dusty, flaky, dry consistency like a hot water bottle. JMO.

Good idea, but, the job is only as good as the tech doing it. I've had 2 different "pros" undercoat 2 different vehicles and both times I had to finish what they missed. One car was done with a product that reminds me of Vaseline, at a location right behind a GM dealer and the tech was obviously having issues. A year later I had to fix the window track and saw 2 small gobs of undercoating inside the door near the drill hole and nothing else was oily or sprayed. On a different car, another place used a thinner product and skipped half the underside rear quarter area but heavily applied their product to the plastic air cleaner box and plastic engine cover? Two years prior, the same car was thoroughly protected and every inch was covered. Felt very satisfied with them then.

You can do a good job yourself if you take your time. I'm not putting down the pros, as they can do a great job, especially accessing hidden voids with their drilling. After the initial spraying is done, remove the plugs at home next year and DIY. Just my personal experience.
Originally Posted By: jcwit
I take my vehicles to a pro who actually know what they are doing and have the equipment to do the job correctly.

fluid Film is excellent, but I currently use Corrosion Free, its thicker than Fluid Film and is applied every year and half.

Just my 2 cents.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back