i inherited a small trailer... what to do

Status
Not open for further replies.
I inherited a small 3x4 trailer. 8 in wheels, wood deck, stake pockets, and its kinda low. I could rase the deck and maybe Strech it out to 4x5, but as it sits its kinda useless.
Does anyone have any creative ideas on what I could do with it? I thought about a gear storage/ chuckwagon setup for camping. I also thought of maybe a kayak trailer. Its almost too small to stake and use for yard waste

How about making a B.O.T.? Ya know, "Bug Out Trailer." You could load up some heavier items such as canned goods, water, small genny and maybe even a nice heavy duty camp tent and/or wood stove...

Originally Posted By: buck91
How about making a B.O.T.? Ya know, "Bug Out Trailer." You could load up some heavier items such as canned goods, water, small genny and maybe even a nice heavy duty camp tent and/or wood stove...

I thought about that, but my garage Isnt heated, and the consumeables would freeze. That and my gf wouldn't ever be on board with bugging out... "camping" is acceptable however

I thought about making a one man off road camper to pull behind my jeep

Last edited:
What to do? I would do the wheel bearings and seals before anything else.

Put your bug out stuff on pallet and store it some place safe. Store your trailer on its side some where in the garage and you're good to go.

Buy/build a weatherproof enclosure for traveling. Sort of like a "extra trunk". Minimal aero hit compared to a roof rack if it's low enough in the front, and it's a good place to toss stuff that's not needed until the destination.

Originally Posted By: dlundblad
Try selling it on CL and then use that money on a more desired trailer.
Yeah I'd sell it.

I've been busy lately with my 4x8 trailer. I'm mounting the bed off a 2014 Dodge Ram onto it that I got for free. It's a long bed.

I suppose I could sell it, but I don't know what it would even be worth. I do like the idea of a secondary trunk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back