Which oil to coolant heat exchanger for 05 Civic

Status
Not open for further replies.
Which one should I get? It must be reasonably priced. I would prefer one that goes between the engine and oil filter that the coolant lines attach to, so I do not have to buy a sandwich plate. And I would like one that i can just splice into the heater hose and connect the lines to it. What would you get?

Originally Posted By: Avery4
Which one should I get? It must be reasonably priced. I would prefer one that goes between the engine and oil filter that the coolant lines attach to, so I do not have to buy a sandwich plate. And I would like one that i can just splice into the heater hose and connect the lines to it. What would you get?

Trolling.gif

Originally Posted By: dishdude
Okay, I'll bite. Why do you need such a device?

hooked.gif

Originally Posted By: camrydriver111
Originally Posted By: Avery4

Trolling.gif

hooked.gif

I couldn't resist the bait!!!
crackmeup2.gif

The correct answer to which you should get? None.

At least come up with good questions when you are trolling

Carnoobie

To help the oil warm up faster in frequent sub 0 weather and reduce wear.

Originally Posted By: Mr Nice
Is it even necessary on that engine?

I got the same car...
I do not know about necessary, but it will reduce oil warm up time and engine wear.

ummm ok so if the engine oil 3 seconds after startup pumps up to operating pressure does the engine know its still cold and so wears itself more just to spite it?

If the oil is a fluid bearing and it is at pressure it will do its job. I guess I could see an advantage preheating the oil but having it warm up faster after a cold start seems of questionable value.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Kawiguy454
ummm ok so if the engine oil 3 seconds after startup pumps up to operating pressure does the engine know its still cold and so wears itself more just to spite it?

If the oil is a fluid bearing and it is at pressure it will do its job. I guess I could see an advantage preheating the oil but having it warm up faster after a cold start seems of questionable value.
No but the kind of driving I do is 3 miles back and forth to work, and the oil never gets hot enough to burn off water and acid. Some anti wear additives do not activate until a certain temp topo.

Do they not make heaters just for that?

I keep reading of people plugging thier cars in at night up north.

That seems it would have to be cheaper/easier to do than rerouting oil lines.

Get one from a Hyundai. Should fit your filter and be nearly plug and play.

I put one from a Taurus on my Gen Coupe. Had to switch filters though as the thread pitch is not metric on the filter end. Was metric on the filter adapter end.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back