Anyone used Auto Rx lately?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I saw improvement with oil consumption in 1996 tercel shortly after gave car to brother in law who still has it three years later. Did not help with oil consumption on wife's 2003 accord at all. Was using as maintenance dose in 2011 tdi golf with neutral results. Engine knock on wood has never consumed oil most of miles run without auto rx. I stopped buying over a year ago when they started charging shipping fees. Product was and is expensive and shipping fees in top seemed like a little bit greedy.

Originally Posted By: Eddie
I feel it is an outstanding product when used as directed. Too many try to short-cut the protocol and then voice their disappointment.

Agree 100%!

Used it in 7 different cars past 9 years. I mostly saw improvements in transmission and power steering applications. We're diligent with oil and equally as diligent with Auto-RX maintenance doses. I still recommend using it though I do agree it's less necessary these days since oils in general are FANTASTIC. Regularly changing oil, transmission oil, power steering is enough if your car is new or new-ish.

I used it in a motor that was going through a qt of oil every 500 miles. After two bottles and 210k miles the oil consumption was down to a qt every 3000 miles OCI.

Gosh, I recall hearing about it a LOONG time ago, just when this forum opened up and there was a little hear test thing on the front page. I had a nasty looking 92ish 1st gen mitsubishi eclipse engine that was eating oil.

Originally Posted By: badtlc
Originally Posted By: -SyN-
Shame on you BOF!! #1 Rule-->Keep your Negative Opinions / Thoughts / Views ! To Yourself! Nothing should be posted but Positive / Polite / Nice ! Comments

Let your Sensitive Side Out! LoL!

I used the product twice in my 01 7.3L PSD with 268K miles on her w/ 2 back to back 8K mile OCI.. Nothing positive too say about the product.

And coming to the additive section to bash additives is nothing but trolling and should not be accepted or tolerated on this board.
A post policeman? Unless a post fits into the group think does that mean it is trolling . Some times the truth needs to supplant the preconceived notions thought of as facts. I have never received compensation for any of my posted opinions.

Originally Posted By: CT8
Originally Posted By: badtlc
Originally Posted By: -SyN-
Shame on you BOF!! #1 Rule-->Keep your Negative Opinions / Thoughts / Views ! To Yourself! Nothing should be posted but Positive / Polite / Nice ! Comments

Let your Sensitive Side Out! LoL!

I used the product twice in my 01 7.3L PSD with 268K miles on her w/ 2 back to back 8K mile OCI.. Nothing positive too say about the product.

And coming to the additive section to bash additives is nothing but trolling and should not be accepted or tolerated on this board.
A post policeman? Unless a post fits into the group think does that mean it is trolling . Some times the truth needs to supplant the preconceived notions thought of as facts. I have never received compensation for any of my posted opinions.

It is called common sense and courtesy. People come here to find information on additives. If people wanted to know why not to use additives, there is an oil forum for that.

Is there an easier option than the process involved for Auto-Rx? Is there a cleaner I can just add to my gas tank or something that will provide similar/better results?

I've been burning oil on my higher mileage Murano recently. I'm going to change the PVC and switch to a high mileage oil, but I wanted to run some type of cleaner first. Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Originally Posted By: Mobil2
Is there an easier option than the process involved for Auto-Rx? Is there a cleaner I can just add to my gas tank or something that will provide similar/better results?

I've been burning oil on my higher mileage Murano recently. I'm going to change the PVC and switch to a high mileage oil, but I wanted to run some type of cleaner first. Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

In an ideal situation, gasoline and engine oil inside an engine shouldn't come into direct contact to begin with.

Because of that: there's no such thing (i.e. AutoRx, which is meant to be used in crankcase, mixed with your engine oil) that would mix with your gasoline and fix your combustion chamber issues.

If your engine is burning oil, chances are, your options (RE: adding additives into your oil in hopes if it being able to "creep" all the way up and past stuck oil control rings to perform it's cleaning job) is very limited.

Alternatively, you can do what many folks here would recommend (based on their subjective expericence/hearsay) dumping seafoam from the brake booster inlet hose, etc. in hopes of the solvent will get past your compression rings and then works it's magic below that...

Your options are limited in either case.

Q.

p.s. I'd never endorse/encourage such as of light/stoddard solvent types such as MM or seafoam into cylinder bore to soak and try to break free of stuck oil control rings.

You sound like you are looking for Kreen by Kano Labs...

Originally Posted By: CT8

Nothing more foolish than expecting or even demanding that only positive opinions are allowed. This is an open forum and we will post what we want within the rules. NO ONE can control that.

Wow, this stuff looks perfect - thanks!! However after reading hours of posts about this (and searching Google), I still can't figure out how to buy it in Canada.

I understand you need to pose as a business, but how do I get it across the border or where can I buy it locally?

Wow, this stuff looks perfect - thanks!! However after reading hours of posts about this (and searching Google), I still can't figure out how to buy it in Canada.

I understand you need to pose as a business, but how do I get it across the border or where can I buy it locally?

Ask about the unconditional money back guarantee if you are not not satisfied. LOL

Auto-RX worldwide is out of Florida. When you click on your order page at the bottom it has a link to choose your country of delivery.

Originally Posted By: SteveSRT8

Nothing more foolish than expecting or even demanding that only positive opinions are allowed. This is an open forum and we will post what we want within the rules. NO ONE can control that.

That is just a stupid post in general. Nobody here has requested positive postings only. This board is for the discussion of oil additives and their results both positive and negative. The only thing mentioned that should not be included here is not using additives. People come here looking for additive information. There is an oil board to discuss oil without using additives.

Coming here to say that additives are useless, a waste, or whatever without discussing why or presenting evidence is nothing more than trolling and should not be allowed. This should be a place where people are comfortable discussing the additive products w/out fear of being intimidated by those who feel additives are nothing but a waste and nothing to base it on.

^^^^Tough ain't it! But don't get so riled, I don't care who you are, calling others stupid is the definitive "stupid" post. Unless you are a secret moderator?

Last edited:
Kreen is too tough/expensive to try and get in Canada. I'm going to try some MMO in the crankcase and gas tank to see if it helps.

Originally Posted By: SteveSRT8
^^^^Tough ain't it! But don't get so riled, I don't care who you are, calling others stupid is the definitive "stupid" post. Unless you are a secret moderator?

Long ago I tried Auto-RX and it seemed to work. A seal leak stopped at any rate. So I thought for quite a while the product did work and I praised the product, because it had seemed to work for me.

Well, I changed my mind for various reasons over the years and various members here ATTACKED ME FOREVER AND WOULD NEVER ACCEPT THAT I HAD CHANGED MT MIND! A person is allowed to change their mind about a product. This is a free country.

I think I had some very good reasons for changing my mind. I am not going to go over all of that. But I did change my mind about the product and I have a right to change my mind.

One of the strongest supporters of Auto-RX at this website at one time praised MMO and said it had worked for him. And then he attacked MMO over and over again forever. That guy was banned for life for whatever reasons. I don't know why he was banned. I am not a moderator. But he was allowed to change his mind about MMO.

Well, I changed my mind about Auto-RX. I gave my last two bottles away and I will never use Auto-RX again. So whoever has a problem with that, that is my decision and GET OVER IT!

Originally Posted By: Trav
Ask about the unconditional money back guarantee if you are not not satisfied. LOL

+1 ROTFLMAO

I have a 1991 Chevrolet K1500 with 4.3 V6. My employer purchased it when it was about 4 years old and about 59k on the odometer. The truck was used around campus, thus very short trips, averaging about 1000 to 1500 miles per year. The oil was changed on average about ever 1500 miles, sometimes less, or about once per year. Mobil bulk oil was used.

On startup, the vehicle had a slight puff of blue smoke. Im guessing leaky valve stem seals. I ran a treatment of Auto-Rx Plus. Vehicle really smokes now, but just on startup. I'm guessing that that the Auto-Rx cleaned some stuff up, thus more smoke.
Some might argue that with such frequent oil changes, the engine should have been clean. But this was a VERY short tripper vehicle. The maintenance records (I have all the records from 1995 forward) show several muffler replacements due to condensation and several starter rebuilds/replacements.
In short, I feel something was probably cleaned in the engine. Im in the "rinse" phase now and will cut the filter open when cycle is completed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back