Another one bites the dust to hollywood's demands

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Benito

Never a good idea to rely on the internet to stalk people though. You know with the dangers of mistaken identity and all that.

Yeah, on that point we agree...I wasn't certain that anything I found was connected to our Turtlevette...who was criticizing guys here:

Originally Posted By: turtlevette
Dudes who won't post any Picts of themselves or their wives.

So, TV - instead of me guessing, or assuming the young lady in the bikini is Mrs. TV...and you being one of those dudes...why don't you just post a few pics?

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Astro14
..why don't you just post a few pics?

OK, i put a couple in the photo sect. You can put yours right below mine. I wanted to fly fighters too. My long hair and my attitude made that impossible.

OK, i put a couple in the photo sect. You can put yours right below mine. I wanted to fly fighters too. My long hair and my attitude made that impossible.

You? Attitude? Naw, I couldn't picture that
wink.gif
grin.gif

BTW, you look pretty bloody crusty in a few of those pics, pretty much exactly as I pictured you
cheers3.gif

OK, i put a couple in the photo sect ..... My long hair ....

Are you the blonde or the brunette?
crackmeup2.gif

Originally Posted By: OVERKILL

wink.gif
grin.gif

BTW, you look pretty bloody crusty in a few of those pics, pretty much exactly as I pictured you
cheers3.gif

Thanks for the critique. Now I'm waiting for Astro's Picts as promised. And I don't get why the guys like you that have been here forever with 5 figure posts have no photos. I thought everyone was putting these on Facebook anyway. What's the big deal?

Originally Posted By: OVERKILL

wink.gif
grin.gif

cheers3.gif

Thanks for the critique. Now I'm waiting for Astro's Picts as promised. And I don't get why the guys like you that have been here forever with 5 figure posts have no photos. I thought everyone was putting these on Facebook anyway. What's the big deal?

? There's a pic of me in that thread (or maybe an earlier one) somewhere.

Posted. You should note two things: first, that I wasn't criticizing guys in the forum for their opinions on Meg Ryan, whose work I admired in many movies.

Second, the Ray Bans in my shirt pocket are an inside joke. Navy uniform regs do not allow you to hang sunglasses from a pocket and after "Top Gun", there was a crackdown on all of the youngsters (as I was then) who hung their Ray Bans there...

Finally, no mention at all of her scene in "When Harry met Sally"? Seriously? One of the greatest movie scenes ever....

Originally Posted By: Mr Nice
Maybe the OP can't get arroused if a dude is in the photo.... ?

Exactly what I was thinking.

This thread is vintage internet. A bunch of freaky dudes complaining that women aren't beautiful enough to meet their standards. Dudes who won't post any Picts of themselves or their wives.

Huh?

We are talking about plastic surgery and how usually there is no need for it. Also how the results are often worse than the before.

I am lost as to what you have read?

Originally Posted By: aquariuscsm
Jennifer Grey has grown into a beautiful woman. The older she gets the better looking she gets imo.

Latina women age really well too. But I do prefer darker skinned ladies
smile.gif

I agree, I think she is very attractive now.

Posted. You should note two things: first, that I wasn't criticizing guys in the forum for their opinions on Meg Ryan, whose work I admired in many movies.

I knew a guy with your pedigree would keep his gentleman's agreement. I definitely wanted to be you. My body would never have withstood the g forces.

I am criticizing these guys. Its so easy on the net to sit back and trash things. I get upset when women get trashed. In a similar discussion on the corvette forum there were guys saying Danica Patrick was ugly. Someone needs to call these people on intellectual honesty.

I knew a guy with your pedigree would keep his gentleman's agreement. I definitely wanted to be you. My body would never have withstood the g forces.

I am criticizing these guys. Its so easy on the net to sit back and trash things. I get upset when women get trashed. In a similar discussion on the corvette forum there were guys saying Danica Patrick was ugly. Someone needs to call these people on intellectual honesty.

You're right on this. It's ridiculous for folks to criticize the relative attractiveness of celebrities...even if they themselves are paragons of pulchritude....which is extremely unlikely in this venue.

But I do agree with those who criticize those celebrities for their willingness to go under the knife in pursuit of vanity...because that's all it is...pure vanity.

Last edited:
. . . Its so easy on the net to sit back and trash things. I get upset when women get trashed. In a similar discussion on the corvette forum there were guys saying Danica Patrick was ugly. Someone needs to call these people on intellectual honesty.

I suspect a lot of these characters (not BITOGers) who post things like "Nicole Kidman is pasty!" and "Jennifer Grey has HAD IT!" are posting from their mommies' basements. If Nicole or Jennifer ever spoke to one of them in real life, they'd roll over like dead bugs, going "hommina-hommina-hommina" like Ralph Kramden.

But I do agree with those who criticize those celebrities for their willingness to go under the knife in pursuit of vanity...because that's all it is...pure vanity.

They're dammed if they do and dammed if they dont. Those who do not get the surgery get the "look at the old hag" routine.

Vanity is their business. Their way of making a living.

Last edited:

I think Danica is beautiful! She has that "girl next door" cuteness
smile.gif

They're dammed if they do and dammed if they dont. Those who do not get the surgery get the "look at the old hag" routine.

Vanity is their business. Their way of making a living.

That's what I was thinking. At the end of the day, they are people who want to act. And they may not be good at much else or other things do not fulfill them much. But when they hit 40, they can't get cast again.

It's easy to criticize such people for how different they are. But essentially they're a product of our society and it's values and they are still people at the end of the day.

Additonally, it's another aspect of life where women get the rough end of the deal. They need far far more surgery to stay working then men do. It can't be fun thinking you profession is on the line depending on how well your surgery turns out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back