Tom Brady.....He's baaack!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: VNTS
He played [censored] good last night, proving once again he is the best QB in the NFL.

I beg to differ...Aaron Rodgers is far better...and he's not a cheater...

Last edited:
Judge didnt seem to think so, go back and watch your stupid Red Sox Reruns!

The judge didn't rule on his guilt...he dismissed the case based on a procedural error made by the NFL...

Originally Posted By: grampi
He played [censored] good last night, proving once again he is the best QB in the NFL.

Hardly..too many factors to consider, the defensive line, schedule. Brady has the best percentage but that doesn't say he is better. Also consider which throws the better longer or shorter ball. Also who is the best game strategist? But to say Rogerss is "far better"...lol...no.

Also I would have to say that Gisele is better looking then Aaron's girl. Then again maybe he will trade up...lol.

Originally Posted By: turtlevette
I don't know what's more satisfying. Watching the games. Or seeing all these people with the red butt.

Oh please, if you had an ounce of integrity in you then you would admit Brady got away with something. There is no doubt if you have an ounce of common sense that he was involved/knew about the ball deflation. To say he didn't and that the two attendants did it all on their own is just not reasonable or realistic. They did it because Brady wanted it done.

Your post reminds me of all the typical bull going on around here on talk radio with the claims Brady was exonerated and all the talk like he was innocent. It is such a load of "homer horse [censored]" it isn't funny. He got off on a technicality but he still was involved in the rule breaking.

Thank the good lord I am not a sports "homer" fan. Just because it is the team from my area doesn't mean I give them a pass on everything if they are winning. If the team/player gets caught doing something wrong don't look to me to defend them.

The Patriots coach and now the QB have cheated. Very possibly others as well but we at least know they both have cheated which puts a stain on the entire team/organization. The owner by supporting them and not dealing with it is guilty by association to me as well. He has changed from the Kraft with honor and integrity to a new guy who doesn't care what happens as long as his team wins. Disgusting! What happened to his claim that if he found out the coach or Brady lied to him about the incident there would be [censored] to pay? Clearly Brady lied to him so where are the consequences? No, he defends Brady even though he knows he cheated and was involved.

The Patriot's and their fans shouldn't talk about other teams and fan bases getting upset. They have CHEATED multiple times and they push every gray area there is. That team has yet to meet a rule they won't try to bend, step over the line on, or flat out break to suit their goal of winning at any cost.

Don't give me the usual Patriot's fan defense of it wasn't serious, didn't help them, etc... either. Cheating is cheating and if it wasn't going to provide any benefit or help why do it? They have brought this on themselves just as the roid users in MLB brought fan hate and HOF voters refusing to vote for them on themselves. Don't cheat and lie and people won't call you a cheater and a liar.

It is also absolutely HILLARIOUS the way the local sports media and fans call the Colts, Ravens, etc... cry babies and tattletales for running to the NFL saying the Patriot's cheated. You can bet your sweet tuckuss they would do the exact same if they felt another team cheated against them.

I am embarrassed for the people around here when I hear them defend the Patriots and Brady.
33.gif

Originally Posted By: Al

Hardly..too many factors to consider, the defensive line, schedule. Brady has the best percentage but that doesn't say he is better. Also consider which throws the better longer or shorter ball. Also who is the best game strategist? But to say Rogerss is "far better"...lol...no.

Also I would have to say that Gisele is better looking then Aaron's girl. Then again maybe he will trade up...lol.

If you simply put the 2 QB's in a vacuum and compared skill sets/physical abilities it would be clear Rogers would be better than Brady. He is a much better pure passer/QB. Heck, Bledsoe would beat out Brady in such a test.

It doesn't take into account what happens on the field however. It doesn't take into account the other players on the field with the QB. It doesn't take into account the skill of the coaching staff or the system the QB has to play in. It doesn't take into account pure luck either. Brady seems to have the golden touch luck wise while Rogers has been burned by things beyond his control.

Brady has benefited greatly over his career from stellar defenses and kickers. He is where is he is at through his own hard work and play( and cheating too
grin2.gif
)for sure but he has benefited from things other QB's who may be better players didn't benefit from and thus don't have the accomplishments Brady does. Football is a team sport not an individual one. He has gained all the praise and credit for SB wins when in reality the defense and kickers deserve that praise and credit. Not to say he played bad or anything just that he wouldn't have 4 SB rings without the D and kicker in 01/03/04 or the D in 14. He wouldn't have even made it to the SB in those early years without the D and kicker.

Brady is also one of the luckiest QB's I have ever seen. Balls always bounce his way, he gets the overwhelming majority of calls in key situations( it was a fumble - tuck rule my butt ), and he has also benefited from mistakes made by the other team as well( Carolina ties game in 04 SB with a minute left and their stupid kicker kicks the ball out of bounds giving Brady extra yds and allowing a FG to win ).

Again, it isn't that Brady isn't a good QB. He is. One of the best to play for sure. He has got where he is though with a lot of help. When it has been on him and him alone though how many rings does he have? ZERO! When he had great defenses and a great kicker how many rings does he have? 4. He had one of the best offenses ever in 2007 but couldn't bring it home because the D was subpar. Funny how they get blamed for that SB loss but they don't get credit for 01/03/04/14 when it was the D and/or kicker who won those SB games - Brady does.

What about giving Adam Vinatieri(sp? )credit for 01 with his 50 yd FG to win or the D credit for the two INT's including one for a TD? What about giving Rodney Harrison credit for intercepting McNabb at the end in 03 stopping a winning TD( hmmm - sounds a lot like 2014 when Brown nabs an INT stopping a winning TD for Seattle doesn't it )? In 3 of his 4 SB wins Brady was NOT the key even though he keeps winning MVP. Heck, the Carolina kicker in 04 deserves the MVP for the Patriots for that awful kick off after his team had JUST tied the Patriot's up with a minute to go letting them go the short field for the winning FG.

For sure Brady doesn't even get to his 1st SB in 01 without the kicker making that amazing kick in the snow and the Ref's blowing the tuck rule call on the FUMBLE in the Oakland game let alone win the SB that year. Heck, if Bledsoe hadn't come off the bench against Pittsburgh in the AFC Championship to win it he wouldn't have got to the SB either in 01. Then there is the amazing D he was blessed to have early on and again in 2014 too. His playoff record went down the tubes in the middle of his career when the D was bad. Coincidence? I think not.

Just saying. QB's get too much credit for wins these days and not enough blame for losses.

So if I am starting a team from scratch and I have the option to choose Brady or Rogers in his prime, and all I have to go on is the skills set and physical abilities I would take Rogers in a heart beat.

Last edited:
Man you're gonna have a stroke. Its air in a football. Way way down on the list of criminal activity. What about all these guys that hit to injure?

Man you're gonna have a stroke. Its air in a football. Way way down on the list of criminal activity. What about all these guys that hit to injure?

See, typical NE fan minimizing what Brady and his 2 buddies did. Cheating is cheating plain and simple. While there are different levels cheating can rise to, there is no way I will just ignore what was done and dismiss it as "just air in a football". Add in all the lying by the team and Brady, destroying evidence, etc... and it was turned into something bigger by the Patriot's themselves. If they had just owned what they did it would never have gone where it did.

I am not having a stroke in the least, as you put it, I just hate the way so many around here( Patriot's market - NE )ignore it and give the team a pass because it is the hometown laundry and it helps them win. If this was another team doing it Patriot fans would be howling just like the rest of the world is about them doing it. Especially if that team has a history of prior cheating and always pushing the line on rules.

There was/is a specific rule in place governing the PSI of footballs. They were purposely tampered with after the official ref inspection to get them down to Brady's preferred PSI range which put them below rule minimums. Softer footballs are also easier to catch and carry( especially in bad weather ). So it isn't just some air in footballs. It is a legit rule broken, at least some benefit from it was gained( even if just Brady's comfort level ), and Brady and the team LIED their [censored] off about it.

One offense at a time. Hitting with intent to injure is another topic and should be discussed and dealt with on it's own terms. I was speaking to Brady's transgressions. Please do not try and deflect and confuse like the Patriot's did.

Last edited:
I started this thread and I'm a Carolina Panthers fan, whom NE beat in the 2004 Superbowl. I think someone in the Patriots organization tampered with the footballs and therefore they cheated. Sadly, it happens in all sports, as in Lance Armstrong and countless others. IIRC the NFL is appealing Bradys reinstatement, so we haven't heard the last of deflategate yet. I personally was glad that the judge gave Gooddell a slap down. Having said that, I don't think it made a bit of difference in the 2015 AFC championship game. The Patriots beat the Colts 45-17 in that game. If they had used ping pong balls or beach balls it wouldn't have mattered as far as Brady and the Patriots laying the wood to the Colts. And the Patriots didn't beat the Seahawks in the Superbowl, Pete Carroll lost it. ESPN will do a 30 for 30 show on deflategate in a couple of years and clear it all up for us...LOL!

Originally Posted By: NHHEMI

See, typical NE fan minimizing what Brady and his 2 buddies did. Cheating is cheating plain and simple. While there are different levels cheating can rise to, there is no way I will just ignore what was done and dismiss it as "just air in a football". Add in all the lying by the team and Brady, destroying evidence, etc... and it was turned into something bigger by the Patriot's themselves. If they had just owned what they did it would never have gone where it did.

I am not having a stroke in the least, as you put it, I just hate the way so many around here( Patriot's market - NE )ignore it and give the team a pass because it is the hometown laundry and it helps them win. If this was another team doing it Patriot fans would be howling just like the rest of the world is about them doing it. Especially if that team has a history of prior cheating and always pushing the line on rules.

There was/is a specific rule in place governing the PSI of footballs. They were purposely tampered with after the official ref inspection to get them down to Brady's preferred PSI range which put them below rule minimums. Softer footballs are also easier to catch and carry( especially in bad weather ). So it isn't just some air in footballs. It is a legit rule broken, at least some benefit from it was gained( even if just Brady's comfort level ), and Brady and the team LIED their [censored] off about it.

One offense at a time. Hitting with intent to injure is another topic and should be discussed and dealt with on it's own terms. I was speaking to Brady's transgressions. Please do not try and deflect and confuse like the Patriot's did.

Pats fans don't care that their team cheated (or still cheats). Winning is winning for them, cheating and all...

You need glasses...Aaron's gal is much better looking than Brady's...

To each his own. I find her attractive

Last edited:

To each his own. I find her attractive

I find her the least attractive of all the VS models I've seen...that doesn't mean she's not attractive, she's just way down on the list...

Maybe you guys should consider purchasing calming herbal supplements from TB12.

So in other words, we should do like Pats fans do and just look the other way?

The issue I have with the issue of Deflategate is the whole personification that the organization that caught and reported cheating is somehow the guilty organization and the perpetrators are the victims.

You're right, y'all need to get a congressional inquiry going and we can draw the whole world to a halt over nothing. Because sports should be taken that seriously.

You're right, y'all need to get a congressional inquiry going and we can draw the whole world to a halt over nothing. Because sports should be taken that seriously.

Considering the billions of dollars of revenue, jobs, salaries, and other economic impacts because of sports. Yes.

Originally Posted By: dave1251

Considering the billions of dollars of revenue, jobs, salaries, and other economic impacts because of sports. Yes.

Sports merely diverts disposable money from other forms of entertainment.

Look how many taxpayers are on the hook for paying for sports facilities that owners could easily pay for themselves. And then players made millions, tens of millions...

Last edited:

You can keep trying to sweep the issue under the rug, but cheating is cheating...

You can keep trying to sweep the issue under the rug, but cheating is cheating...

Which its not. The judge vacated the discipline. Find something else to cry about.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back