Nissan MR20DE engine oil filter

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello everyone,

I am trying to chose an engine oil filter for Nissan's MR20DE engine which is used in my car (Nissan Qashqai) and so far I have three choices:

- MANN-FILTER W 67/1
- MAHLE OC 1052
- HERTH+BUSS JAKOPARTS J1311018

I normally use MANN-FILTER W 67/1 but I noticed that MAHLE OC 1052 has a slightly bigger height of the filter (71 mm compared to 65 mm) and I wonder if MAHLE OC 1052 is a better choice?

MAHLE seems to be North American brand, so I thought I might hear some good (or bad) comments on it here. MANN is a german brand and should be a good quality as well (hopefully not as good as VW diesel engines).

Thanks in advance for any ideas and thoughts.

Both Mahle and Mann are German companies. The Mann W-series are excellent filters as are the Mahles. Who knows about the Jakoparts...

Mann ML-series aren't great and go for about a dollar and a half, but I really doubt they sell them in Switzerland.

If you're not going to use it, cut it open!
smile.gif

I decided not to use the MAHLE OC 1052 filter and ask for refund. Not sure I can cut it because I might need to send it back to whatever place it came from (shop is in Germany). Meanwhile I ordered a Nissan filter 15208-9F60A which is made in France.

The most interesting thing is that 15208-9F60A filter does not have a plastic tape/cover on it and I asked the person who was selling me the filter (official Nissan dealership) if this is normal.

The guy told me that all filters they sell are like this. I asked him to re-check this and he confirmed that a second filter was also without a plastic tape/cover. It is bizarre but the filter is obviously new and looks much better than the one from the photo (MAHLE OC 1052).

P.S. The price of Nissan filter is 19 CHF (20 USD) and the price of MAHLE OC 1052 is 8 CHF (9 USD).

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back