What's Happened to Proof Readers ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
"...The 2016 Honda Accord starts at $22,105 for the entry-point LX model, but at that level you'll be missing the touchscreen dashboard display and, thus, Android Auto and Apple CarPlay functionality. Our EX-L model represents a good middle-of-the-road option for smartphone-toting drivers, coming in nicely equipped at $28,570 or $30,570, if you want the Honda Sensing suite of driver-aid features and onboard navigation.

At the top of the line is the Honda Accord Touring sedan with its larger V-6 engine, styling and suspension upgrades, and all of the bells and whistles for $34,580."

1. With consumers demanding news for free, copy editors have been replaced with Spellcheck and various grammar software.

2. The article makes clear that the EX-L model is priced higher than the base price.

"...the 2016 Honda Accord starts at $22,105 for the entry-point LX model, but at that level you'll be missing the touchscreen dashboard display and, thus, Android Auto and Apple CarPlay functionality. Our EX-L model represents a good middle-of-the-road option for smartphone-toting drivers, coming in nicely equipped at $28,570"

No,

I'm not talking about what inside the article, I'm talking about the very first screen when you click on link.

The top of the page is the title about EX-L and right below it is a photo of an Accord with MSRP for LX.

Some people(most likely woman) may say that this MSRP $22k is for EX-L.

Originally Posted By: HTSS_TR
...Some people(most likely woman) may say that this MSRP $22k is for EX-L.

Good to know you're not misogynistic.

Is that like what happens when I cleverly juxtapose issues of ‘entertainment for men,’ Sports Car and Excellence on our antique Henredon coffee table?

No, I'm not. I don't hate woman but I know what to expect from them.

I just tell the true. My wife and my older daughter are just like that, they just read the headline and declare that it is true.

They don't read the full article and the fine prints. I told them many times that if something is too good it is usually not true, they need to read the whole thing, and do some researches to make sure it is what it is.

Originally Posted By: AlienBug
1. With consumers demanding news for free, copy editors have been replaced with Spellcheck and various grammar software.

Perfect example of this was in our local paper the other day, story warning of a Road closure during the morning drive on a busy local road.
In the Published paper, the stated reason for the closure was to replace a "sanity line"

not sanitary, sanity

2 sentences later they did use the proper wording.

Last edited:
..I just tell the true..

All good, honorable sir.

btw did you happen to proof your post...prior to posting?
wink.gif

All you need in a news article is, dead, explosion, discrimination, shooting, rape or murder. Correct grammar and spelling are not necessary because the reader would not know the difference.

Nobody has any proof reader anymore ?

The latest CNET article about 2016 Honda Accord is so wrong. The title was "2016 Honda Accord EX-L review" and a picture of an Accord with MSRP at $22,105.

$22,105 is for the base LX, not top of the line EX-L 4-cyl. The EX-L V6 is even more expensive, more than $30k

http://www.cnet.com/products/2016-honda-accord-sedan/

When I first read your post, I thought it was done tongue-in-cheek. Then I realized you were serious.

Go back and carefully read your post, and then ask yourself if you should be complaining about someone else's inability to proofread.

By the way, you should state that you don't hate women (plural) not woman (singular) when you are stereotyping them. I'm surprised you didn't catch that when you were proofreading (yes, it is all one word) your post.

I don't hate woman but I know what to expect from them.

You are the exception to the rule!
grin.gif

My wife and my older daughter are just like that, they just read the headline and declare that it is true.

Just be glad they don't watch Fox News.

They don't do they?

27.gif

I just tell the true.

You need to habe that proofread.

Originally Posted By: splinter
..I just tell the true..

All good, honorable sir.

btw did you happen to proof your post...prior to posting?
wink.gif

No, I didn't. I just type and hit submit.

Originally Posted By: Pop_Rivit
Nobody has any proof reader anymore ?

The latest CNET article about 2016 Honda Accord is so wrong. The title was "2016 Honda Accord EX-L review" and a picture of an Accord with MSRP at $22,105.

$22,105 is for the base LX, not top of the line EX-L 4-cyl. The EX-L V6 is even more expensive, more than $30k

http://www.cnet.com/products/2016-honda-accord-sedan/

When I first read your post, I thought it was done tongue-in-cheek. Then I realized you were serious.

Go back and carefully read your post, and then ask yourself if you should be complaining about someone else's inability to proofread.

By the way, you should state that you don't hate women (plural) not woman (singular) when you are stereotyping them. I'm surprised you didn't catch that when you were proofreading (yes, it is all one word) your post.

Posting on a chat board is different with writing an article for a respected site like CNET. I'm not a writer, so I'm not in the class as a writer for a magazine, therefor you shouldn't expect me to be correct all the time.

When I wrote "I don't hate woman" I was thinking about my wife. More often than not she saw an ad on a flyer with a terrific sale for an item she likes without read the fine print, she wants to buy it, I had to point the fine print to her that stated "with minimum purchase of X dollars".

Back to my original post, did you click the link ? What did you see ? Isn't it misleading ?

...I just type and hit submit.

Several here reading your posts and this "What's Happened to Proof Readers" [sic] thread have rightly concluded that grammar isn't your strong suit.

Originally Posted By: BRZED
Shouldn't you be barking up CNET's tree istead of Bob's leg?

How do I do that ?

Isn't this General and Off Topic that I can post almost anything that is not prohibit ?

Originally Posted By: splinter
...I just type and hit submit.

Several here reading your posts and this "What's Happened to Proof Readers" [sic] thread have rightly concluded that grammar isn't your strong suit.

True, I'm not good with spelling and grammar.

Originally Posted By: BRZED
Shouldn't you be barking up CNET's tree istead of Bob's leg?

How do I do that ?

Isn't this General and Off Topic that where I can may post almost anything that is not prohibit prohibited?

Yes, but, do you really expect us to know what happened to CNET's proofreaders? If you really want to know, you need to ask someone at CNET. That's how you do that.

Ohh yeah Benito.. MSNBC, CNN are always right on without any ahhh bias too..
smile.gif

There's no where to find news without a leaning one way or the other. Read from both sides... Truth is most likely in the middle more often than not.

...True, I'm not good with spelling and grammar.

No worries, neighbor. We're at peace.

"Man's got to know his limitations." -Inspector Callahan

I continue to explore and learn from mine every day.
smile.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back