Oil recommendation for cbr900rr track bike

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Shannow

OK LArry, post a thread, entitles, Larry's Oil 101, where you explain everything that you know about lubrication and oils.

Then I'll respond line by line (like I have in the past), and you can comment.

That way you can never accuse me of taking my responses to your off topic posts as off topic.

It will ALL be on topic.

You didn't say pretty please...

Originally Posted By: 02SE
Larry,

He may not have a Motorcycle. But he does have a good grasp on hydrodynamic lubrication.

Our PhD cager does have good book understanding hydrodynamic lubrication but I gather little hands on... why just ask him to go fetch you a left hand monkey wrench...

Quote Shannow
"Yep, I've never pulled a motorcycle tranny apart...

Originally Posted By: BusyLittleShop
why just ask him to go fetch you a left hand monkey wrench...

LOL, I'm pretty sure that I know why your right hand is always busy....

Quote Shannow

OK, while you are playing, I've pulled MANY gearboxes apart, 2-3,000hp, lowish RPM up the 7,000RPM 12,000hp screamers, and am VERY familiar with pitch line pitting, which is what the lubrozol pictures are clearly showing...which you declare as interference...I asked you to google "pitch line pitting", and you started the name calling, so I sense your insecurity.

Here's some other stuff that I've been up to over the last 25 years.

http://www.bobistheoilguy.com/forums/ubb......#Post3842393

Been in the Busy Big Shop a lot of it.

I asked you to google "pitch line pitting"

Isn't just like a PhD Cager with 0.0 motorcycle tranny experience to pull Google photos???
One doesn't need to Google "pitch line pitting" if they have actual pulled a real motorcycle
tranny apart and witnessed "pitch line pitting" now do they...

Last edited:
Larry, you can pull something apart and have not the foggiest idea why what you are seeing happening.

That's why people get qualifications, to understand how stuff ACTUALLY works, not just pet theories, and made up facts.

Dunning Kruger is an sad sad syndrome.

I think you've hit the nail on the head.

Larry, you can pull something apart and have not the foggiest idea why what you are seeing happening.

My dad ran a vintage performance shop for many decades and that shop saw countless old vintage auto and manual gearboxes for American classics roll through. The guy we had pulling apart GM 2 and 3 speed automatics was good at it but had no clue how they worked and could not put one back together if his life depended on it. Same with the guy that tore down engines for us to rebuild.

Funny a guy that that gives you a hard time for suggesting he google photos uses random diagrams of his engine, pictures of an old sport bikes and him, and supposed "credible" studies from online forums as proof. His methodology is atrocious.

+1

Originally Posted By: Robenstein
Funny a guy that that gives you a hard time for suggesting he google photos

I was actually suggesting that he google the issue, not pics...the fact that he thinks google is only good for pics says a lot to my later point.

Talk talk talk... this Cager has never pulled a motorcycle tranny apart... perhaps the only
oil that has touch his dainty Phd skin is bath oil beads...

460566144_o.jpg

Last edited:
Larry, did you check out my busy big shop link (it's a BITOG one, and it DOES have pictures) above ?

I've pulled apart 5M hp worth of turbines if you add them all up.

here click on it, it won't hurt much.

Shannow, we all know your turbine is bigger then his
banana2.gif

0416091207-00.jpg

It indeed explains a lot here, maybe everything.
grin.gif

But you know what, they went to Cornell so what do they know? It just smacks of college professor elitism.
crackmeup2.gif

Quote:
The Dunning–Kruger effect is a cognitive bias wherein relatively unskilled individuals suffer from illusory superiority, mistakenly assessing their ability to be much higher than is accurate. The bias was first experimentally observed by David Dunning and Justin Kruger of Cornell University in 1999. Dunning and Kruger attributed the bias to the metacognitive inability of the unskilled to recognize their own ineptitude and evaluate their own ability accurately.

Originally Posted By: Benito
banana2.gif

Actually, the other one in the link was what I considered a greater achievement, getting a broken machine back running in two weeks...in about the same work area as Mr Honda's V-4 engine.

That pic was off the shelf parts...but it did do over a million horsepower after the changes, just over 40,000 hp increase.

but it did do over a million horsepower after the changes, just over 40,000 hp increase.

Hmmm a modest 4% increase. I get more than that with Royal Purple.
crackmeup2.gif

but it did do over a million horsepower after the changes, just over 40,000 hp increase.

Hmmm a modest 4% increase. I get more than that with Royal Purple.
crackmeup2.gif

You know you could do better than that using Mobil 1 0w-30, right?
grin2.gif

banana2.gif

True but it takes Titanium Balls to race a motorcycle... NSFW

381522863_c60dd1fa6d.jpg

Last edited:

banana2.gif

True but it takes Titanium Balls to race a motorcycle... NSFW I ride and maintain a BMW airhead, but I don't suffer from a inferiority complex which causes me to call car drivers "cagers". That's just stupid bikeboy talk.

381522863_c60dd1fa6d.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back