OCI really soon and I need my car on the road

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Quattro Pete
Originally Posted By: Oregoonian
As someone once said "a f__l and his money is soon gone".

Pretty sure that's not how this saying goes.
smile.gif

Kind of surprised I had to scroll so far before someone caught that.
crackmeup2.gif

Kind of curious about why the two o's in 'fool' were self-censored, too.
21.gif

Originally Posted By: 285south
Originally Posted By: Brybo86
Don't buy the sustina dude ... Sounds like money is tight.

+2. Also don't buy Royal Purple or Amsoil and the marketing fluff that comes with it. Running a script are you.

Actually all of the Amsoil and RP in my stash were bought on clearance from either oreilly or Walmart
Sorry

I just want to try different oils and see if I can hear a difference in engine sound or see a difference in UOA. if after a few UOA of redline/sustina it looks close to the same as my 3.5K castrol snythetic analysis, I will switch back to M1 EP for more testing with it. I checked my RL before leaving yesterday and it was in between full/low holes on the dip stick. If you put exactly 3 quarts into a 3A92 you get this level, 3.25=all the way to the full mark, the manual states that between these holes is where the oil level should be. After 8K miles no oil has been used, lots of idling and abuse as well (taxi).

I know the fram ultra's are very good filters but they still don't advertise 99.6% filtration that the M1-110 EP does, they advertise 99% efficiency. The M1-110 EP is rated for 15K miles just like the Ultra. Currently the fram ultra XG7317 is 8.97 at walmart vs 8.50 for the M1-110 on amazon.

please post links for your facts, i cant find anything that says a M1 is 99.6% efficient at 20microns

the M1 uses blended media, same as a pureone and a bosch distance plus

from mobils own website

LINK HERE

Fram ultra shows 99.7 @25 microns according to Mobil
M1 filter is 99.6@25 microns according to mobil

now ask yourself WHY mobil doesnt post data of filtering @20 microns?
or 15 microns?
or 10 microns?

Originally Posted By: 285south
Don't buy the sustina dude ... Sounds like money is tight.

+2. Also don't buy Royal Purple or Amsoil and the marketing fluff that comes with it. Running a script are you.

Actually all of the Amsoil and RP in my stash were bought on clearance from either oreilly or Walmart
Sorry

I know Walmart and O'Reilly sells Royal Purple, but I was unaware that either sold Amsoil.

Originally Posted By: alex16
I have a OCI set at 7K miles, I will be at 7k in 300 miles. I have redline 0w20 in my 2014 Mirage, its recommended normal service life is 7.5K, I will be doing at least 400 miles of highway +200-300 in city/highway mix as a taxi in the next two days. This will put me past my OCI, should I just slap some M1 EP/M1-110 for now or should I wait for my sustina 0w20 to come in? I am ordering the sustina on thursday and the cheapest place I have found is... http://www.ft86speedfactory.com/eneos-su...sg#.VhsDucu6cok

everyone else seems to be out of stock.
If you believe all the hype about syn oil why don't you believe that is lasts longer?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back