Help - Creating Massive AAP Filler Item List

Status
Not open for further replies.
I use AAP's promo codes a lot. I constantly come up just short of a great discount. I know about the cotter pins lol. But what I am trying to do is come up with a master list of everything under $5. If you are more than $5 away, there are MANY things that people need, so $5 is a reasonable limit (I think). And I know, under $5 is a BIG list... I'm willing to make it if you guys give ideas/links (links to ANYTHING are MUCH appreciated). No, this won't be done tomorrow, but this could help a lot of people in the long run. Especially if I sort it into categories (under $1, $1-$2, $2-$3, etc., or by item type). It could also give this site a lot of tourism. I will definitely make a separate thread with the end result (giving credit to all that help). Constructive criticism appreciated. Thanks in advance. Keep the ideas coming!
thumbsup2.gif

So far here is what I have thought of:

Cotter pins
Nuts/bolts
Cheap oil filters
Valve stem caps/hardware
Cheap spark plugs
Small bottles of additives (MMO, Lucas, etc.)
'Counter grease' (brake pad, spark plug, bulb, etc.)
Various light bulbs
Brake fluid
Brake cleaner
Washer fluid
Power steering fluid
Cleaner products (Armor All, Turtle Wax, etc)

Speed Perks Member Benefits

EVERY qualifying purchase of $30 or $100 or more generates a reward.
Receive your reward in just days by email or text.
Almost everything qualifies, but deposits, gift cards, and credits do not.
Rewards are good on all regular price and sale merchandise in our stores.
Applies to all in-store purchases. Rewards coming to advanceautoparts.com soon.
Members also receive exclusive deals and special offers.

While Speed Perks has nothing to do with $5.00 & under & it does not offer "at the counter" savings, it does offer the best overall rewards of the big three. After spending $30.00 you receive a coupon (usually withing 48 hours) good for $5.00 off your next qualifying purchase. After spending $100.00 you receive a coupon good for $20.00 off your next qualifying purchase. If your trying everything you can to save money I think this would work. If anybody finds this unhelpful then don't read it.

Right.... But everyone reading this thread most likely knows this (I did). You can also stack these perks with promo codes.

I'm strictly asking for ideas on a list of items $5 and under.

You can stack both codes but you lose a little bit of each discount when doing so. I did last month at least.

Originally Posted By: joegreen
They sell nail clippers for .99c
Wow... at first I thought you were kidding. So I look it up, and sure enough, you're right...
crackmeup2.gif

Nail clippers added. Thanks!

If you want answers go to the store and use your basic math skills to figure out your answer. Your the person who wants everybody to do your dirty work. I tried to pass along some information to help you. I guess since you know it all you should have no problem coming up with your list. I personally don't need some wise [censored] like you telling me what's relevant.

Originally Posted By: eljefino
26 cents! for a bolt.

Spark plug socket for $1, your choice of 13/16 or 5/8.

Hose clamps
Air Fresheners
Stocking stuffers (Jumper cables, cheap tools, safety hammer/ seat belt cutters)
nitrile gloves, safety glasses, shop towels
Haha! Awesome! Thank you very much. This helps.
thumbsup2.gif
thumbsup2.gif
thumbsup2.gif

Originally Posted By: OSUFan86
If you want answers go to the store and use your basic math skills to figure out your answer. Your the person who wants everybody to do your dirty work. I tried to pass along some information to help you. I guess since you know it all you should have no problem coming up with your list. I personally don't need some wise [censored] like you telling me what's relevant.
Wow dude, take a chill pill
shocked2.gif
. I planned on going to my local store. My store may not carry everything relevant to this list, that is why I asked for input. When anybody posts something off topic on any forum usually people will call it
40.gif
or
Trolling.gif
. And isn't that the point of a forum, asking for help or seeing if someone else has answers? I guess everyone here is seeking someone else to do their dirty work
21.gif
. I'm sorry I have moderator-like habits of keeping a thread on-topic. Maybe that does make me a wise [censored]. Regardless, I never meant any offense, even if you are a fan of the wrong team (just a joke). My apologies.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back