Kudos to Team Pennzoil and Gena Fishbeck!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Clevy
Hippy.

Oh Clevy...

I'm no hippy. I'm just a positive, loving, Libertarian Christian (And yeah yeah - I know the whole "stay away from politics, sex, and religion" rule) - but I'm not pushing nor debating anything; just showing my warm-hearted appreciation. I feel that is fair appropriate considering the conditions of the subject here.

You know I wouldn't purposely break any rules knowingly.

(And yes, I know you were just cordially joking anyway).

Originally Posted By: WillB
And high mileage per change and cold climates too i'd bet.

I'm not sure whether you were just kidding, or being serious...

But either way;

I change my oil around 5k according to my owner's manual - and yeah, Illinois winters do see real temps below zero degrees Fahrenheit on occasion sometimes.

Originally Posted By: daves87rs
They might be...I think they might want to stick with some of the "oil nuts" first, as we kinda spread the news around from here...

Granted, I'm sure a few other sites might be getting it too...

Kinda be a little sad if people were doing it for the oil and nothing else!

I'm geeked cause I wanna see how they compare....guess that's why I'm here!
cool.gif

Oh, I'm definitely an oil nerd for sure. I may not be as smart as the well-known vets here, but I did not ask for the kit just for the sake of free oil - I am very curious as to what the results of my UOA's from Pennzoil will show about my truck.

~ Triton

Ohh quit being trifling
smile.gif

Though... I did laugh at this and thought it was funny. I am in agreement with Triton on this that you were just joking around.
Triton is a very cool cat. Wise and with wisdom beyond his years.

Originally Posted By: Triton_330
Hippy.

Oh Clevy...

I'm no hippy. I'm just a positive, loving, Libertarian Christian (And yeah yeah - I know the whole "stay away from politics, sex, and religion" rule) - but I'm not pushing nor debating anything; just showing my warm-hearted appreciation. I feel that is fair appropriate considering the conditions of the subject here.

You know I wouldn't purposely break any rules knowingly.

(And yes, I know you were just cordially joking anyway).

And high mileage per change and cold climates too i'd bet.

I'm not sure whether you were just kidding, or being serious...

But either way;

I change my oil around 5k according to my owner's manual - and yeah, Illinois winters do see real temps below zero degrees Fahrenheit on occasion sometimes.

Originally Posted By: daves87rs
They might be...I think they might want to stick with some of the "oil nuts" first, as we kinda spread the news around from here...

Granted, I'm sure a few other sites might be getting it too...

Kinda be a little sad if people were doing it for the oil and nothing else!

I'm geeked cause I wanna see how they compare....guess that's why I'm here!
cool.gif

Oh, I'm definitely an oil nerd for sure. I may not be as smart as the well-known vets here, but I did not ask for the kit just for the sake of free oil - I am very curious as to what the results of my UOA's from Pennzoil will show about my truck.

~ Triton

GM OCI for my 2011 is 12,000km/7,500 miles, not quite there yet, but I will get close. I put 25,000+ miles on a year, want to see how my current oil compares to PUP.

Cold starts are another thing too consider. On my 04 I dumped 2 different brands of oil early last winter because it was as thick as molasses, noisy cold start. Went to another brand that I had used before, started like normal, as normal as can be for -40 ( thats raw temp, not windchill.)

GM has a CWDC (Cold Weather Developement Center) up in Northern Ontario, they put every vehicle through every cold test possible up there. Guessing this is how the Arctic PSF came to be too.

When I submit my second UOA, I will submit the temperatures too, I am sure that may be of interest to them.

Last edited:
Hippy.

Oh Clevy...
I'm no hippy. I'm just a positive, .......

Clevy just wants to be rude. Its a calling. Ignore that troll. Everybody else has. You'll also find his advice on oil is about as good as you'd get from an orangutan.

Originally Posted By: lubricatosaurus
Hippy.

Oh Clevy...

Clevy just wants to be rude. Its a calling. Ignore that troll. Everybody else has. You'll also find his advice on oil is about as good as you'd get from an orangutan.

crackmeup2.gif

Originally Posted By: bbhero
Ohh quit being trifling
smile.gif

Though... I did laugh at this and thought it was funny. I am in agreement with Triton on this that you were just joking around.

Hehe, thanks bbhero. Though, I believe Clevy knows me well enough to know I don't mind a few taunts here and there.

GM OCI for my 2011 is 12,000km/7,500 miles, not quite there yet, but I will get close. I put 25,000+ miles on a year, want to see how my current oil compares to PUP.

Cold starts are another thing too consider. On my 04 I dumped 2 different brands of oil early last winter because it was as thick as molasses, noisy cold start. Went to another brand that I had used before, started like normal, as normal as can be for -40 ( thats raw temp, not windchill.)

GM has a CWDC (Cold Weather Developement Center) up in Northern Ontario, they put every vehicle through every cold test possible up there. Guessing this is how the Arctic PSF came to be too.

When I submit my second UOA, I will submit the temperatures too, I am sure that may be of interest to them.

Dang, that's some bad cold starts. Worst I've had was about -10*F, and my truck whined like a son of a gun when it started, but at least she started. You Canadians must have some darn good batteries, because I see a lot of people down here in the States having starting issues in the cold due to low batteries.

As far as oil goes, I'm sure you're using either 0w-20 or 0w-30 in your GM, right? With such low temps, I think you'd definitely be reaping the benefits of the 0w-xx oils.

Hippy.

Oh Clevy...

Hahaha...

Honestly I like Clevy. If you read his posts with a Dallop of Daisy pinch of salt and touch of sugar, they can be quite knowledgeable.

Heh, now that one engineer fellow on the other hand... I mean, err, lol.

~ Triton

Originally Posted By: Luisraul924
Hippy.

Oh Clevy...

crackmeup2.gif

Maybe it was a compliment?

Originally Posted By: Benito
Maybe it was a compliment?

Didn't I take it as such?

Ease up Benito, and re-read my response to him.

~ Triton

You ease up, hippy!
grin.gif

Changed previous mixed Castrol Edge 0W20&0W40(50-50) in Honda S2000 to Pennzoil Platinum 10W30 from the UOA kit 3 weeks ago.

Accumulated 370 miles in 3 weeks and so far PP performs as well as previous oils from Dino 10W30 to M1 10W30 to various mixes of xW20 with xW40 from M1 to Castrol.

Honda S2000 is easy on oil, any oil that has lower Noack would performs well in that engine. I didn't do any UOA ever so I don't know what to expect from previous oil(mixed Castrol Edge) UOA compares with PP. The engine is fairly quiet at 2-3k RPM and very noisy at 7-8k RPM, PP doesn't make engine quieter or noisier.

The only thing I notice is PP 10W30 seems to give my S2000 slight increase in MPG, from average of 22.5-23.0 MPG mixed driving to about 23.5-24.5 MPG with similar driving condition.

Originally Posted By: bbhero
Ohh quit being trifling
smile.gif

Hehe, thanks bbhero. Though, I believe Clevy knows me well enough to know I don't mind a few taunts here and there.

Dang, that's some bad cold starts. Worst I've had was about -10*F, and my truck whined like a son of a gun when it started, but at least she started. You Canadians must have some darn good batteries, because I see a lot of people down here in the States having starting issues in the cold due to low batteries.

As far as oil goes, I'm sure you're using either 0w-20 or 0w-30 in your GM, right? With such low temps, I think you'd definitely be reaping the benefits of the 0w-xx oils.

Hippy.

Oh Clevy...

Hahaha...

Honestly I like Clevy. If you read his posts with a Dallop of Daisy pinch of salt and touch of sugar, they can be quite knowledgeable.

Heh, now that one engineer fellow on the other hand... I mean, err, lol.

~ Triton

Thanks triton. You are a buddy of mine and I figured you'd catch a grin.

To these clowns posting I can't help but laugh. One of them thinks by spending more money on products and changing them early he's thinks he's doing something great for his engine,when the reality is a fool and his money are soon parted and the other is so addicted to bitog it's easily his 3rd user a,e,but he thinks he's fooling people.
He isn't.
The only troll here are those who felt the need to comment on something between me and my bud,and saw only what they wanted to see.
I feel sorry for them. Pity is a better word.
And if the student is the future of the nation I suggest dying before that future comes.

Thanks Triton. You are a buddy of mine and I figured you'd catch a grin.

To these clowns posting I can't help but laugh. One of them thinks by spending more money on products and changing them early he's thinks he's doing something great for his engine,when the reality is a fool and his money are soon parted and the other is so addicted to bitog it's easily his 3rd user a,e,but he thinks he's fooling people.
He isn't.
The only troll here are those who felt the need to comment on something between me and my bud,and saw only what they wanted to see.
I feel sorry for them. Pity is a better word.
And if the student is the future of the nation I suggest dying before that future comes.

Indeed, and you're welcome.
smile.gif

But remember, I'm a college student myself.

~ Triton

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back